Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? 15:47 - Sep 22 with 23579 viewsVic

I naively thought that negotiating is about having a bit of give and take - but so far I've seen nothing from the EU that suggests they are willing to 'give' anything. Looks a lot like 'you give and I take.'

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:50 - Sep 22 with 9192 viewshype313

I don't even know if our govt actually know what they want!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:51 - Sep 22 with 9186 viewsMattinLondon

Why should they? Britain is the one whose leaving.
Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:53 - Sep 22 with 9175 viewsJ2BLUE

The EU need a draw. We need a win and we're passing it around the back four. They're playing a blinder. We've started our big back down. This buys another couple of years where Brexit can be chipped away, challenged, changed and obstructed.

I suspect this was the first big part of the reversal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:53 - Sep 22 with 9174 viewsMJallday

we should make friends with the north koreans. they seems like a quiet lot that keep themselves to themselves. also they dont trade with anyone else, so we'd have a whole country to talk to and sell stuff too.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:53 - Sep 22 with 9176 viewsblueislander

They don't want the UK to leave, so , naturally will make it as difficult as possible. None of the Brexit campainers thought to mention this at the time of the referendum.
Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:55 - Sep 22 with 9161 viewsStokieBlue

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:53 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

The EU need a draw. We need a win and we're passing it around the back four. They're playing a blinder. We've started our big back down. This buys another couple of years where Brexit can be chipped away, challenged, changed and obstructed.

Hoof it over the top and let Boris run on and finish it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:55 - Sep 22 with 9165 viewshomer_123

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:51 - Sep 22 by MattinLondon

Why should they? Britain is the one whose leaving.

If the EU want some sort of deal with the UK - then they'll need to move eventually.

It's interesting that whilst the EU would like to make a showcase of ensuring that the UK doesn't get a great deal from leaving, they are also under pressure internally to ensure that their members (who do want good relations with the UK) are kept happy and can trade etc.

The reality is, we are leaving (although I still think we won't) and it is within both the UK and EUs interest to get some sort of deal done.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:56 - Sep 22 with 9158 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:53 - Sep 22 by blueislander

They don't want the UK to leave, so , naturally will make it as difficult as possible. None of the Brexit campainers thought to mention this at the time of the referendum.

Yes, great, so everyone in an unhappy marriage should stay because their partner doesn't want them to go? Come on, grow up.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:58 - Sep 22 with 9148 viewsMattinLondon

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:53 - Sep 22 by blueislander

As time goes on, I think that the EU now don't really care whether the UK stays or goes.

In private, they are probably both amused and very surprised at the level of amateurish displayed by the government.
Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:59 - Sep 22 with 9140 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:55 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

SB

Hmm good point.

Truly impaired.

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:00 - Sep 22 with 9130 viewsJ2BLUE

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:58 - Sep 22 by MattinLondon

As time goes on, I think that the EU now don't really care whether the UK stays or goes.

In private, they are probably both amused and very surprised at the level of amateurish displayed by the government.

Oh come off it. I know you won't have a bad word said about the EU but they don't care if we stay or go? Complete rubbish.

Truly impaired.

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:01 - Sep 22 with 9121 viewsBlueBadger

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:53 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

Not only are we passing it around at the back, but we've sent out Johnathan Douglas as the spearhead of our attack.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:02 - Sep 22 with 9110 viewsMattinLondon

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:50 - Sep 22 by hype313

I don't even know if our govt actually know what they want!

Seems like we are passing in around the back four and then hoofing it hopefully up the field. The trouble is that Adam Proudlock is upfront and he's not on top form.
Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:04 - Sep 22 with 9094 viewschicoazul

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:58 - Sep 22 by MattinLondon

I'm pretty sure they don't want one of their major cash cows walking out the door.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:05 - Sep 22 with 9085 viewsBlueBadger

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:55 - Sep 22 by StokieBlue

SB

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:09 - Sep 22 with 9066 viewsblueislander

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:56 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

Yes, great, so everyone in an unhappy marriage should stay because their partner doesn't want them to go? Come on, grow up.

Where did I say that I thought that the UK should stay in the EU.? The point I was making was the lack of foresight shown in the referendum canvassing, which, incidentally I thought was pathetica on both sides. If I had had a vote, I would have reluctantly voted to remain, on the basis that the Brexit process would create huge instability over a period of time. No one knows how long this will last, but we can ill afford it. For what it is worth , i think that there are massive defects in the EU as an institution, and this was not what I voted for in 1975.
Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:10 - Sep 22 with 9065 viewsBlueBadger

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:55 - Sep 22 by homer_123

If the EU want some sort of deal with the UK - then they'll need to move eventually.

It's interesting that whilst the EU would like to make a showcase of ensuring that the UK doesn't get a great deal from leaving, they are also under pressure internally to ensure that their members (who do want good relations with the UK) are kept happy and can trade etc.

The reality is, we are leaving (although I still think we won't) and it is within both the UK and EUs interest to get some sort of deal done.

Ultimately, the 'least worst', and most likely outcome will be, despite bluster all round, the 'Norway'.
Brexiteers will be hailing the fact that we're paying into Brussels but no longer have a say in how things work as a great success.

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:10 - Sep 22 with 9061 viewsTonyj

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:56 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

Grow up? Splutter!
Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:13 - Sep 22 with 9049 viewshomer_123

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:10 - Sep 22 by BlueBadger

Ultimately, the 'least worst', and most likely outcome will be, despite bluster all round, the 'Norway'.
Brexiteers will be hailing the fact that we're paying into Brussels but no longer have a say in how things work as a great success.

I've seen quite a few 'business leaders' say recently that we should just leave. I think Dyson is one who has talked recently about this.

I.e. just leave and trade under WTO rules. He did make quite an interesting point. Something along the lines of the EU not being a single trading block at all. In short, you have comply with all the local requirements anyway, everything from plugs and power units to language and manuals!

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:14 - Sep 22 with 9047 viewstcblue

In private and public, the gigantic balls up our government is making of it is the only plus point in the whole Brexit thing for me.

It's hilarious yet frightening, just like the last few minutes of a Town game under Paul Jewell when we had a one goal lead.
Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:14 - Sep 22 with 9040 viewshomer_123

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:04 - Sep 22 by chicoazul

I'm pretty sure they don't want one of their major cash cows walking out the door.

And May has just offered then 2 years worth of free money.....we're good at this negotiating lark.

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:25 - Sep 22 with 9008 viewsmeekreech

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 15:55 - Sep 22 by homer_123

The EU do not negotiate they dictate ! If you are looking to upset the non-democratic bureaucracy by leaving they will find any number of ways to frustrate the process . The gravy train must not be disturbed by anyone who wants self determination and government or anything else which takes away the power exerted by Germany .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:34 - Sep 22 with 8983 viewsMattinLondon

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:25 - Sep 22 by meekreech

The EU do not negotiate they dictate ! If you are looking to upset the non-democratic bureaucracy by leaving they will find any number of ways to frustrate the process . The gravy train must not be disturbed by anyone who wants self determination and government or anything else which takes away the power exerted by Germany .

And Britain has never dictated to other countries.

They want the best possible outcome for its members, UK wants the best possible deal - it's just seems that the EU is better at this kind of thing.
Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:39 - Sep 22 with 8970 viewstcblue

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:34 - Sep 22 by MattinLondon

They want the best possible outcome for its members, UK wants the best possible deal - it's just seems that the EU is better at this kind of thing.

Eh? Seasoned Eurocrats with decades of experience of international negotiations are better at this than our reluctant, transient government lead by a terrible, weak leader?

I for one am shocked and appalled
Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:46 - Sep 22 with 8956 viewsblueislander

Is it just me that thinks the EU has shown no sign of 'negotiating' yet? on 16:34 - Sep 22 by MattinLondon

It is obvious that the UK politicians are ill-prepared for these negotiations. Theresa May campaigned to remain in the EU. That in itself is an anomaly. The EU's position is much easier from a negotiating standpoint. They don't have to set the agenda. They may find it difficult later to get a consensus between all the member states.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024