Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich gang violence 23:10 - Sep 7 with 8608 viewsDinnernotTea

Having lived in the town all my life this has come as a massive surprise. Always had our dodgy areas (no town/city doesn't) but in the last year it really seems to have gone mad. Stabbings, robbings, kids dealing. Most of the trouble are two areas of the town - Nacton Road and Handford Road areas. Anyone lIving amongst this?

I've always had Ipswich down as a friendly, small town.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Ipswich gang violence on 23:14 - Sep 7 with 8559 viewsfactual_blue

I've been told the latter area is full of nutters.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ipswich gang violence on 23:17 - Sep 7 with 8556 viewsDinnernotTea

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-41172825

Ipswich gang violence on 23:27 - Sep 7 with 8538 viewsTIB

This is going back a few years but some "crew" from Nacton Road area once held me at knife point in a kebab shop, Suffolk Grill near the Co-Op (Woodbridge Road area). They asked and my mate for our phones and wallets, I laughed in their oxygen thieving faces at their demands to which I was greeted with the usual urban gangsta bollox of "Blud, fam, bread bin" bla bla bla. Police arrived and did very little, despite me stating the knife had been chucked behind a wall.

I'm thankful I didn't get "shanked" though.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Ipswich gang violence on 23:42 - Sep 7 with 8474 viewsbournemouthblue

Ipswich gang violence on 23:27 - Sep 7 by TIB

This is going back a few years but some "crew" from Nacton Road area once held me at knife point in a kebab shop, Suffolk Grill near the Co-Op (Woodbridge Road area). They asked and my mate for our phones and wallets, I laughed in their oxygen thieving faces at their demands to which I was greeted with the usual urban gangsta bollox of "Blud, fam, bread bin" bla bla bla. Police arrived and did very little, despite me stating the knife had been chucked behind a wall.

I'm thankful I didn't get "shanked" though.

Suffolk Grill is Foxhall Road, do you mean California Grill?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ipswich gang violence on 06:24 - Sep 8 with 8280 viewsallezlesbleus

I was threatened with a knife (demanding money), in the late 80's coming out of the nightclub that used to be in the Carr Precinct.

Fortunately, I had spent all my money in the club and it was before mobile phone days, so they just let me go.
Ipswich gang violence on 06:34 - Sep 8 with 8245 viewsBenters

Drugs innit ...sort out that problem,and the rest wil sort out themselves ...sucks teeth.

I watched the local news last night about all the troubles they had in Cromer over the bank holiday weekend.

The local plod just stood by and watched the oiks get on with it,and let the owners of shops and cafe's sort it out .

Now go to London the police there have been told not to confront the gangs on motorbikes,incase those commiting the crimes fall off and hurt themselves.

Im sick of all this sh1t .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Ipswich gang violence on 08:28 - Sep 8 with 8054 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ipswich gang violence on 06:24 - Sep 8 by allezlesbleus

I was threatened with a knife (demanding money), in the late 80's coming out of the nightclub that used to be in the Carr Precinct.

Fortunately, I had spent all my money in the club and it was before mobile phone days, so they just let me go.

Olivias with the glass lift?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ipswich gang violence on 08:40 - Sep 8 with 8020 viewsReuser_is_God

I live just off of Nacton Rd, thankfully not Queens Way side which is where these gangs seem to roam.

They're all a bunch of 12 year old pussies anyway.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich gang violence on 08:41 - Sep 8 with 8007 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ipswich gang violence on 08:40 - Sep 8 by Reuser_is_God

I live just off of Nacton Rd, thankfully not Queens Way side which is where these gangs seem to roam.

They're all a bunch of 12 year old pussies anyway.

We run IP3!

Ipswich gang violence on 09:05 - Sep 8 with 7956 viewsYaffle

My 15 years old son mentioned 'gangs' being in our home town (not Ipswich) the other day. I explained that whilst in the context of his world he should be aware and avoid if possible if these lads were to make their way to some of the estates in Birmingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, Belfast or of course London they would be crying like babies pretty quickly and begging to go home to Mummy.
Ipswich gang violence on 09:57 - Sep 8 with 7850 viewsmonty_radio

Ipswich gang violence on 08:41 - Sep 8 by gainsboroughblue

We run IP3!

So were you one of those lads in the 50s / 60s who used to stop other kids in that drift between Mildmay and Landseer and tell you that you couldn't come through there or they'd duff you up?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Ipswich gang violence on 10:11 - Sep 8 with 7810 viewsgiant_stow

Ipswich gang violence on 06:34 - Sep 8 by Benters

Drugs innit ...sort out that problem,and the rest wil sort out themselves ...sucks teeth.

I watched the local news last night about all the troubles they had in Cromer over the bank holiday weekend.

The local plod just stood by and watched the oiks get on with it,and let the owners of shops and cafe's sort it out .

Now go to London the police there have been told not to confront the gangs on motorbikes,incase those commiting the crimes fall off and hurt themselves.

Small point of order - the police in London aren't tackling theives on motorbikes in the sense that they don't want to chase them for fear of causing an accident to members of the public. There was also a famous case (locally) in Islington where a teenager (brought up in a famous crime family) was chased by police, fell off and died. The local kids are in uprore - there's a shrine to him and everything.

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/28/london-teenager-henry-hicks-died

[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 10:12]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ipswich gang violence on 11:07 - Sep 8 with 7737 viewsNorthern_Blue81

I went to high school and lived up Nacton Road area in the 90's and I was always wary of the place even then. Every day was fighting and carrying on.
Ipswich gang violence on 11:12 - Sep 8 with 7715 viewsArcher4721

Ipswich gang violence on 06:34 - Sep 8 by Benters

If only everyone could live in little remote villages everything would be fine wouldn't it.
Ipswich gang violence on 11:57 - Sep 8 with 7590 viewsBenters

Ipswich gang violence on 10:11 - Sep 8 by giant_stow

Small point of order - the police in London aren't tackling theives on motorbikes in the sense that they don't want to chase them for fear of causing an accident to members of the public. There was also a famous case (locally) in Islington where a teenager (brought up in a famous crime family) was chased by police, fell off and died. The local kids are in uprore - there's a shrine to him and everything.

Edit: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/28/london-teenager-henry-hicks-died

[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 10:12]

balls.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Ipswich gang violence on 12:44 - Sep 8 with 7485 viewsReuser_is_God

Ipswich gang violence on 11:07 - Sep 8 by Northern_Blue81

I went to high school and lived up Nacton Road area in the 90's and I was always wary of the place even then. Every day was fighting and carrying on.

I'd imagine it was a lot worse then than it is now.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Ipswich gang violence on 13:05 - Sep 8 with 7414 viewsWallingford_Boy

I would say Ipswich is pretty rough.

And I'm a hard-nut.

RIP Sir Bobby

Ipswich gang violence on 13:17 - Sep 8 with 7380 viewsgiant_stow

Ipswich gang violence on 11:57 - Sep 8 by Benters

balls.

would you rather police cars mowing people down while chasing a nippy moped? Maybe they need police mopeds come to think of it?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ipswich gang violence on 13:58 - Sep 8 with 7308 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ipswich gang violence on 12:44 - Sep 8 by Reuser_is_God

Late 80's, early 90's was a nightmare round Gainsborough. I didn't live there then but when I was working in learning disabilities, we had a couple of projects opposite Reynolds Road. No word of a lie, four staff members had their cars stolen and burnt out within 6 months. A major police prescence for a while really quietened things down considerably. Living there now, it seems mainly a good sense of community round here but slightly rough round the edges.

Queens Way/Beatty Road area seems to be the major problem now if there is one in East Ipswich.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 14:00]

Ipswich gang violence on 14:40 - Sep 8 with 7259 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Ipswich gang violence on 12:44 - Sep 8 by Reuser_is_God

It was character building for going to school after that in Glasgow...
Ipswich gang violence on 14:48 - Sep 8 with 7241 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Ipswich gang violence on 13:58 - Sep 8 by gainsboroughblue

Late 80's, early 90's was a nightmare round Gainsborough. I didn't live there then but when I was working in learning disabilities, we had a couple of projects opposite Reynolds Road. No word of a lie, four staff members had their cars stolen and burnt out within 6 months. A major police prescence for a while really quietened things down considerably. Living there now, it seems mainly a good sense of community round here but slightly rough round the edges.

Queens Way/Beatty Road area seems to be the major problem now if there is one in East Ipswich.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 14:00]

I was 11 and sent to Holywells school, so around 1992 - 1993 and within about 20 minutes of being there this kid punched me in the chops. Dread to think what it is like there now with the Queensway crew running the show....
Ipswich gang violence on 17:14 - Sep 8 with 7079 viewsallezlesbleus

Ipswich gang violence on 08:28 - Sep 8 by gainsboroughblue

Olivias with the glass lift?

I honestly can't remember what it was called, but there was a lift. I think that was the first and last time I went in the place. What annoyed me most was the fact that it was only a couple of days before Christmas and a couple of tw*ts were trying to mug me!
Ipswich gang violence on 17:37 - Sep 8 with 7039 viewsDinnernotTea

Ipswich gang violence on 09:05 - Sep 8 by Yaffle

My 15 years old son mentioned 'gangs' being in our home town (not Ipswich) the other day. I explained that whilst in the context of his world he should be aware and avoid if possible if these lads were to make their way to some of the estates in Birmingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, Belfast or of course London they would be crying like babies pretty quickly and begging to go home to Mummy.

Never understood this logic. What makes a little scrote "tougher" if he's from a big city as opposed to a town? Both grow up with the same problems and family/local authorities have majorly let them down somewhere for them to want to deal at 12.

Ipswich gang violence on 17:42 - Sep 8 with 7030 viewsDinnernotTea

Ipswich gang violence on 14:48 - Sep 8 by Northern_Blue81

I was 11 and sent to Holywells school, so around 1992 - 1993 and within about 20 minutes of being there this kid punched me in the chops. Dread to think what it is like there now with the Queensway crew running the show....

I think every year in every school in Ipswich have always been weary of Holywells but it's never, ever really been nasty. I grew up Stoke/Maidenhall areas and though it had a reputation across Ipswich never, ever has there been problems like this we see in Nacton and Handford Road areas.

Not saying Ipswich has always been rosey but it's never been nasty. What's been happening in 2017 is crazy.

Ipswich gang violence on 18:30 - Sep 8 with 6953 viewsITFC_Forever

Ipswich gang violence on 09:05 - Sep 8 by Yaffle

On a slightly different tack, I bet the first time the 16-18 yr old SI brigade who have started acting like twits at our away games (Fash song etc) would have kittens if any home fans actually took the bait and went back at them.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 18:30]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024