Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bags at games 16:31 - Aug 28 with 3997 viewsdalianwasexciting

Living in the North East I am aware Newcastle have banned bags being taken to games due to security fears. As a long distance traveller to as many home games as I can get to, I tend to bring a bag to carry ipads, music players and other things which we use on the train journey - including a jacket as its nearly 10pm when I get back home from a home game. Does the club currently have a ban in place? And if so are there size constraints?

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Bags at games on 16:33 - Aug 28 with 3983 viewsIllinoisblue

old bags should definitely not be allowed at games:

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bags at games on 16:35 - Aug 28 with 3974 viewsDolly2.0

Benters will say you're weird taking a bag to games.

No ban at FPR. I had my rucksack with me on Saturday.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Bags at games on 16:44 - Aug 28 with 3940 viewsJakeITFC

I took an overnight bag to the game on Saturday with no trouble.
Bags at games on 17:09 - Aug 28 with 3891 viewsBenters

Bags at games on 16:35 - Aug 28 by Dolly2.0

Thanks for the mention.

Weirdo.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Bags at games on 17:30 - Aug 28 with 3857 viewsSarge

No 'large' bags are allowed which is a completely meaningless and useless descriptor. And they'll want to search it, old ladies with handbags are the new foot soldiers of Isis apparently.
Bags at games on 18:15 - Aug 28 with 3797 viewsDolly2.0

Bags at games on 17:30 - Aug 28 by Sarge

No 'large' bags are allowed which is a completely meaningless and useless descriptor. And they'll want to search it, old ladies with handbags are the new foot soldiers of Isis apparently.

I have no objection to having my bag searched. I'd rather they did in order to keep people safe.

Bags at games on 18:33 - Aug 28 with 3761 viewsLord_Lucan

Bags at games on 16:35 - Aug 28 by Dolly2.0

Rucksack w4nker.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bags at games on 18:37 - Aug 28 with 3748 viewsDolly2.0

Bags at games on 18:33 - Aug 28 by Lord_Lucan

Rucksack w4nker.

Pitch invading w4nker.

Login to get fewer ads

Bags at games on 19:44 - Aug 28 with 3649 viewsFreddies_Ears

There is a new restriction this season, not well advertised, that I only "normal seized carrier bags" are allowed. By way of guidance, the EADT goody bags are about as big as they are happy with. g

But the new rules are not being applied consistently.

A coat with big pockets would serve you well this winter!
Bags at games on 07:04 - Aug 29 with 3478 viewsBenters

Bags at games on 18:33 - Aug 28 by Lord_Lucan

Rucksack w4nker.

Indeed.

Funnily enough i am able to go to football without the need of a rucksack?

Gentlybentley

Bags at games on 08:35 - Aug 29 with 3410 views26_Paz

Bags at games on 19:44 - Aug 28 by Freddies_Ears

There is a new restriction this season, not well advertised, that I only "normal seized carrier bags" are allowed. By way of guidance, the EADT goody bags are about as big as they are happy with. g

But the new rules are not being applied consistently.

A coat with big pockets would serve you well this winter!

I've had a ruck sack with me for both home games I've been to this season (Birmingham and Fulham). No dramas either time, not even been searched. If they stopped me going in with a ruck sack I'd be pretty p1ssed off as I live away but when I go to town games tend to get the train down Saturday morning and then stay with family Saturday night ...

The Paz Man

Bags at games on 08:45 - Aug 29 with 3393 viewsBluebell

I always have a rucksack with me at games because, like the OP, we travel a long way. More often than not nobody searches my bag but if they do it is just a quick, cursory look.

At away games it's different and they will take bottles of water off you.

On this subject, we went to Heathrow Airport last week, parked in the short stay parking area, and walked into the building to arrivals to meet our family. Not once did anyone approach people walking to and from the lifts or into the building and a lot of people were carrying holdalls and cases. Why isn't anyone searched there? Ok, we were going on a plane but we could have caused a lot of damage to hundreds of people in Arrivals if we had been terrorists.
Bags at games on 08:50 - Aug 29 with 3381 viewsSarge

Bags at games on 08:45 - Aug 29 by Bluebell

I always have a rucksack with me at games because, like the OP, we travel a long way. More often than not nobody searches my bag but if they do it is just a quick, cursory look.

On this subject, we went to Heathrow Airport last week, parked in the short stay parking area, and walked into the building to arrivals to meet our family. Not once did anyone approach people walking to and from the lifts or into the building and a lot of people were carrying holdalls and cases. Why isn't anyone searched there? Ok, we were going on a plane but we could have caused a lot of damage to hundreds of people in Arrivals if we had been terrorists.

Because if you search everyone coming through the door you're going to have an enormous queue at the door which presents a much better target than inside the arrival hall because everyone is packed together as well as being outside where a car ram can strike.
Bags at games on 10:17 - Aug 29 with 3324 viewsLord_Lucan

Grimsby fans were getting their bras searched last week.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Bags at games on 10:42 - Aug 29 with 3296 viewsBluebell

Bags at games on 10:17 - Aug 29 by Lord_Lucan

Grimsby fans were getting their bras searched last week.

Hmmmm.

When I think of some of the 'female' stewards that have searched my bag at away games, I am pleased Grimsby aren't in the Championship. I would rather be searched by a male!
Bags at games on 14:14 - Aug 29 with 3199 viewsBlueAlex

Bags aren't actually banned at Newcastle. It's recommended that people consider whether they need to bring them and are asked to be mindful of when they arrive because of the potential for the increased checks having an impact on getting into the ground though.
Bags at games on 14:47 - Aug 29 with 3171 viewsLord_Lucan

Bags at games on 14:14 - Aug 29 by BlueAlex

Bags aren't actually banned at Newcastle. It's recommended that people consider whether they need to bring them and are asked to be mindful of when they arrive because of the potential for the increased checks having an impact on getting into the ground though.

Somewhere - Germany I think - allow clear bags and sell a club branded one.

Surely that's a good compromise.

Bags at games on 15:26 - Aug 29 with 3129 viewsBlueAlex

Bags at games on 14:47 - Aug 29 by Lord_Lucan

Somewhere - Germany I think - allow clear bags and sell a club branded one.

Surely that's a good compromise.

Yep, in principle some form of compromise like that is great. It seems to be quite a lot about the perception that the clubs are doing something more than much else, which is what I think some people want to be reassured about.

More to the point though, I love the idea of the Newcastle fans reactions when the club branded ones are actually just big 'Sports Direct' carriers sold exclusively at their favourite shop...they love Mike Ashley so much already...
Bags at games on 15:37 - Aug 29 with 3110 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Bags at games on 18:15 - Aug 28 by Dolly2.0

I have no objection to having my bag searched. I'd rather they did in order to keep people safe.

Except the £8 an hour ushers employed as stewards have absolutely no idea what they are looking for, and wouldn't know it if they saw it and in other cases they just aren't bothered.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Bags at games on 16:03 - Aug 29 with 3085 viewsBenters

Erm sorry but you dont carry a full rucksake like Dotty !

Gentlybentley

Bags at games on 17:02 - Aug 29 with 3046 viewsdalianwasexciting

Bags at games on 14:14 - Aug 29 by BlueAlex

ITV Tyne Tees news intimated that they were, or at least were going to be.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies, I have taken my bag to numerous games over past few seasons without issue, home and away. Did have a bottle of coke confiscated at Blackburn a couple of years back.

I was hoping Phil may pick this up and see what the official take is for the future, but some very good and useful observations.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024