Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? 23:47 - Aug 21 with 6113 viewsHipsterectomy

A lot of divs on twitter calling MM out for all the changes, calling him a disgrace etc...wtf.

I can't wait to see some young players I've never seen before try and do their best for us.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 00:11 - Aug 22 with 6073 viewsHarryfromBath

I am going and am really looking forward to it. Anyone calling Mick out for making these changes is revealing their ignorance. It's a free hit for our youth players and will send their morale skyrocketing. Imagine how much they are looking forward to it right now.

It is also a potentially huge game in our longer-term context. It was terrific watching Flynn Downes and Tristan Nydam showing what they could do at Luton, just as it was watching Adam McDonnell in the last game of the season at Derby in 2016.

My only concern is playing so many young players in one game but then again we will see who shows their leadership skills in front of a decent crowd and under the lights. Any atmosphere at U23 games played in a main stadium is usually killed by the cavernous empty stands.

It will be great to see what the young players are capable of and who rises to the occasion with a supportive crowd urging them on. To repeat Sir Matt Busby's famous quote: "If you don't put them in, you can't know what you've got."

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 00:27 - Aug 22 with 6038 viewsStNeotsBlue

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 00:11 - Aug 22 by HarryfromBath

I am going and am really looking forward to it. Anyone calling Mick out for making these changes is revealing their ignorance. It's a free hit for our youth players and will send their morale skyrocketing. Imagine how much they are looking forward to it right now.

It is also a potentially huge game in our longer-term context. It was terrific watching Flynn Downes and Tristan Nydam showing what they could do at Luton, just as it was watching Adam McDonnell in the last game of the season at Derby in 2016.

My only concern is playing so many young players in one game but then again we will see who shows their leadership skills in front of a decent crowd and under the lights. Any atmosphere at U23 games played in a main stadium is usually killed by the cavernous empty stands.

It will be great to see what the young players are capable of and who rises to the occasion with a supportive crowd urging them on. To repeat Sir Matt Busby's famous quote: "If you don't put them in, you can't know what you've got."

Real shame Chambers is crocked. He'd have been fantastic for a game like this encouraging and talking the young lads through the game, I think it would have been a challenge he'd have relished.

From what I've seen of Downes and Nydam they can hold their own, Celina is hopefully in the mood to prove a point and fingers crossed de Boer plays a similarly youthful side.
Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 05:53 - Aug 22 with 5951 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'd love it if we won this with kids. I'm buzzing for it.

Even if we lose, I'd be dissapointed if it's not the Town fans singing in the 95th minute. The Lads deserve that I think the way we've started.

Bringing my brother and 4 of his mates.

COYFB!

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 06:25 - Aug 22 with 5928 viewsGiveusaWave

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 00:11 - Aug 22 by HarryfromBath

Huge opportunity for these lads, and personally looking forward to it. We aren't expected to win anyway, so think MM has done the right thing by bringing in the kids. Yes, it's worth about 200K if you get a good draw in the third round, but given the injuries in our squad; good decision.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 06:48 - Aug 22 with 5902 viewsGiveusaWave

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 06:25 - Aug 22 by GiveusaWave

Huge opportunity for these lads, and personally looking forward to it. We aren't expected to win anyway, so think MM has done the right thing by bringing in the kids. Yes, it's worth about 200K if you get a good draw in the third round, but given the injuries in our squad; good decision.

Maybe I'm being naive, but think Rowe and Celina will cause issues and Nydam and Downes could control the middle. Main issues will be our makeshift defence and whether or not Morris can stick the opportunities he gets into the back of the net.

If McKendry gets an opportunity from distance on his right foot, he may well stick it away. He's got a hammer like right foot which could shock Palace.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 06:57 - Aug 22 with 5876 viewsBenters

*Curse of the cup*

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 07:30 - Aug 22 with 5815 viewsDeano69

If their good enough, their old enough.....

Totally behind this decision under the circumstances, would prefer strong sides in the FA Cup if I am honest, but we have the good of the season to consider and can ill afford suspensions or more injuries.

Also, assuming Palace field a decent side, it will be a real chance to see where these lads are at.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 8:06]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 07:43 - Aug 22 with 5786 viewsTristan90

I agree with you. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these youngsters play in a competitive game (and how many were calling for some of them to be seen last year?!) and it'll be good to see whether we have a bright future as well as an encouraging present. In an ideal world it would be a balance of youth and experience but we just don't have the personnel for it at the moment, do we?

I'm hoping these boys get the same support as the first team does, especially away from home. It'll do them a lot of good and they do all wear the shirt, after all.

Should be an entertaining evening and the £5 off from our ever-benevolent chairman makes it a relatively cheap away day, too.

Blog: Something Rotten

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 07:43 - Aug 22 with 5784 viewshomer_123

We know Micks form in the cup. But on this occasion, he's spot on.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 08:24 - Aug 22 with 5714 viewstextbackup

For the first time since mick has been here I'll happily see him play a weak team, the illnesses/injuries are insane, anyone thinking we can risk the bare threadbones of team are crazy imo
Rowe cellina etc need game time so hopefully they'll put in a shift and give MM a headache for saturday

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 10:34 - Aug 22 with 5591 viewsBasuco

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 07:43 - Aug 22 by Tristan90

I agree with you. I'm looking forward to seeing some of these youngsters play in a competitive game (and how many were calling for some of them to be seen last year?!) and it'll be good to see whether we have a bright future as well as an encouraging present. In an ideal world it would be a balance of youth and experience but we just don't have the personnel for it at the moment, do we?

I'm hoping these boys get the same support as the first team does, especially away from home. It'll do them a lot of good and they do all wear the shirt, after all.

Should be an entertaining evening and the £5 off from our ever-benevolent chairman makes it a relatively cheap away day, too.

I always enjoy trying to guess who will go on to the first team and who will not, I am usually wrong but I agree it is good to see what talent is coming through the ranks.
Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 11:32 - Aug 22 with 5529 viewsStenvict

Whilst I am 100% behind Mick's decision, it is slightly disappointing that we will have a good turnout there tonight but I don't think the atmosphere will be great because it effectively an u23 game for us. I would have loved to have seen 1700 of us singing, but just can't see it happening now; we don't have a song for any of the players likely to play tonight.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 13:40 - Aug 22 with 5444 viewsGarv

It's not a disgrace but it is just giving up on the cup, again.

If we get a result I'll retract my statement.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 13:59 - Aug 22 with 5417 viewsHarryWright

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 11:32 - Aug 22 by Stenvict

Whilst I am 100% behind Mick's decision, it is slightly disappointing that we will have a good turnout there tonight but I don't think the atmosphere will be great because it effectively an u23 game for us. I would have loved to have seen 1700 of us singing, but just can't see it happening now; we don't have a song for any of the players likely to play tonight.

Their one of our own,
their one of our own,
our whole team,
their one of our own
Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 14:02 - Aug 22 with 5402 viewsStenvict

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 13:59 - Aug 22 by HarryWright

Their one of our own,
their one of our own,
our whole team,
their one of our own

They're*

Poll: What will be announced first?

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 14:54 - Aug 22 with 5347 viewsStirlingArcher

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 14:02 - Aug 22 by Stenvict

They're*

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 15:43 - Aug 22 with 5308 viewsHarryWright

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 14:02 - Aug 22 by Stenvict

They're*

It's all the same word, your just being awkward.
Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 15:48 - Aug 22 with 5302 viewsFifeITFC

Anyone else actually looking forward to tomorrow? on 15:43 - Aug 22 by HarryWright

It's all the same word, your just being awkward.

*you're

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024