Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should've kept Steven Taylor 11:25 - Aug 18 with 941 viewsclive_baker

I'm not at all comfortable with Kenclock - Knudsen - Spence - Iorfa as a back 4. If we are going with those 4 then I would much rather see Iorfa inside and Spence at right back. Perhaps compromises our atttacking threat down the right but Iorfa is in my opinion a much more accomplished defender and Knudsen would need that next to him in Chambers' absence. Also, Knudsen playing centrally in a 2 is very different to a 3, so I would think we would have to revert to 5 at the back with Ward at RWB and Knudsen - Iorfa - Spence centrally which feels more balanced but then who are our central 3 in midfield? Skuse and who else? McGoldrick maybe. Maybe Downes if he's fit. Garner and Waggy up top.

Personally I say let's keep the shape we had on Tuesday and throw young Woolfy in. Cometh the hour cometh the man. 4-4-2 with Knudsen left back, Wolfy and Iorfa centrally and Spence right back. Waggy, Skuse, Ward, Sears in midfield and Garner and McGoldrick up front.

COYB.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Should've kept Steven Taylor on 11:30 - Aug 18 with 916 viewsITFC_Forever

Then we'd have 4 injured CBs.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Should've kept Steven Taylor on 11:30 - Aug 18 with 913 viewsLankHenners

Hindsight's always 20/20. Iorfa's spoken of how he sees CB as his future role and is the most natural/experienced of the lot so would make sense to have him in there. Knudsen would concern me a tad in a 2 I agree, so Woolfenden would make the most sense to keep it 442, which I think we should.

Anyway, looking forward to the 6-5 tomorrow.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Should've kept Steven Taylor on 11:36 - Aug 18 with 891 viewshatch

Should've kept Steven Taylor on 11:30 - Aug 18 by ITFC_Forever

Then we'd have 4 injured CBs.

This.

No good keeping a CB that can barely last half a game before pulling something. He's a poor man's Ledley King.
Should've kept Steven Taylor on 11:36 - Aug 18 with 892 viewsitfcjoe

I just don't think Taylor could have been reliable enough to be considered a worthwhile back up.

Knudsen was poor centrally in a 2 when I've seen him - we are going to be massively up against it.

Think the thing squad is missing is a developmental CB in the Digby mould that Mick trusts for a few games - someone who is 21-22 and not 18 as he doesn't like playing young CBs

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Should've kept Steven Taylor on 11:55 - Aug 18 with 860 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Likely that Taylor wouldve been on that injury list pretty quickly too!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024