Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Saturday 17:45 - Aug 4 with 725 viewsClausThomsen

I find it odd that we're playing 442 based on our performances in the 532 last season. The performances when we played at least one fullback (preferably 2) either side of the central defender we're decent and just needed the goal to turn the draw into a win. The times we played Smith, Berra and Chambers together didn't work however, and it seems we've imo thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

All the draws obtained in that run could have been turned into wins had we had more of a goal threat, which I believe we will have with Garner and McGoldrick up top.

Our squad imo is almost completely suited to this formation. Spence and Knudsen both looked much better in the back 3 (in fact, the game they played alongside Chambers - Villa away was it? - must have been one of our best performances without Berra playing... much better than last week anyway...). This signing from Wolves looks suited to it as does Kenlock, who still looks to me a little naive to play in a back 4. All of our central midfielders are better in a 3, including Huws and Ward. I know nothing of Adeyemi other than he looks a good signing on paper (as do all our summer signings to be fair). We need to play a front 2 or we're back to 0 shots on target land, Garner and McGoldrick need games together to click.

I haven't had my finger on the pulse but I gather Mick's said we'll be playing 442 with all that said. If so, please Mick have the balls you had 3 seasons ago and play:

Bialkowski
Whatever back 4 you like brother
Rowe, Dozzell, Skuse, Cellina
McGoldrick, Garner

If Cellina doesn't make it, don't stick Sears or Dozzell out there (it isn't their natural position), put Rowe out there or Harry f*cking Bunn
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024