Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The big loan guess who - a few to get us started 16:33 - Jul 27 with 7584 viewsMullet

Given Watson has confirmed what we expected. Our fourth striker, isn’t likely to be someone starting every week necessarily if the Ugbo story is a guide. Here’s some of the potential players we might/definitely won’t/can’t see us likely to be looking around various available for loan speculation.

Arsenal: Already had AMN, so a likely club to loan us someone. The obvious candidate is serial loanee Chuba Akpom. I think we were linked under Jewell rather than MM but since then he’s moved about, and a very Ipswich style move when he upset Brighton fans (good lad) and scored about 1 in 10.
Toral — this would be massive. As unlikely as Joel Campbell coming here I’d have thought, but seems he has no future there. Good spells in this league and always caused us problems. He’d also fit more with an alternative for McGoldrick than cover for Garner who will know him from time together at Rangers.

Burnley: Chris Long, I’ve mentioned him before but the former Everton youngster had a good spell at Bolton winning them promotion and has been linked with a return. He’d fit in with being something slightly different to everyone we have already too. I’d be a fan of him coming here from what I can see of him.

Chelsea: So many players out on loan it’s a farce and given how Ugbo went to Barnsley I can’t imagine Mick would go back with his flat cap in hand. Seems likely if Ugbo was the one, we’ve missed the boat.

Palace: You’d think Joniesta would speak more than highly of us, and that would lead his colleagues to consider us. He might even hobble here himself again. Kwesi Appiah went out to Keiffer Moore’s old club after injury and several loan spells, having come from non-league he’s now at Wimbledon. You’d have thought Freddie Ladapo who’s 24, 6ft 2 and doesn’t score much would be a prime candidate for Mick though. Previous target Kaikai might be knocking about too if Mick wants a winger thrown in.

Everton: Oumar Niasse seems to be an expensive flop they want shot of. Did well at Hull so you’d expect a move back is more likely than no one wanting him at all and him ending up here. Uruguayan Leandro Rodriguez seems to have no future there either having had one spell in Belgium without playing and before that two games at Brentford. At 24 with a contract until 2019 you wonder if he could be on his way out.

Liverpool: Ryan Kent who was young POTY at Barnsley is an option as a winger but again nothing much stands out from Liverpool’s squad. Taiwo Awoniyi is a big 19 year old striker who did well in Dutch football albeit in a poor team and he didn’t score much it seems.

Man City: Unless Celina has loved his time in Ipswich more than the pictures let on I can’t see many from the thousands of starlets the Mancs have coming here. Enes Unal who he set up goals for at Twente left for a high profile move but further down the pecking order they have Luka Nmecha who seems to score goals for fun at youth level and is expected to go out for a stiffer test this coming season, he might be a bit too young/green for a Championship slog. City did loan a young Swede hyped with the Zlatan tag Zackarias Faour who has yet to be tested at senior level and seems to be one we should consider asking about.

Soton: Sam Gallagher. Didn’t look that great to me in our game at Ewood Park last season then neither did their other loanee Samuelsen who were actually linked with, nor their whole team. That said you can’t deny the season he had, or the fact he might even be out of our reach now.

Swansea: Emnes another one at Blackburn who has a more established career of the odd hit and plenty of misses. You’d think he’d come here with lots of worry for us rather than opposition defences. Far too inconsistent and not the right sort of player I suspect.

Spurs: You’d think with Grant Ward and Klug’s history they’d be a likely club for us to target. Josh Onomah is more of a midfielder and looks set to go out on loan according to speculation. You can’t help but feel he’d be worth enquiring about though. There’s also some idea that N’Koudou’s big move isn’t working out and he should go on loan (a lower Prem club most likely) but he’d be a real coup potentially given his versatility as an attacking playmaker.

West Brom: I’d love us to get McManaman after the Owls managed to. He’d be absolute quality but I can’t begin to imagine where we’d get the cash from. The link with Leko seems likely to resurface, and he’d be a decent enough addition. Given he's billed primarily as a winger it does make it seem like we could literally settle for anyone who can offer versatility. Out of everyone he seems destined to be the one we’re waiting on I guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:38 - Jul 27 with 4994 viewsitfcjoe

Sam Gallagher, Chuba Akpom, Cauley Woodrow

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:38 - Jul 27 with 5001 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I don't think it will definetely be a loan

Bogles twitter activity has me praying he's on the way.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:39 - Jul 27 with 4979 viewshype313

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:38 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

I would be very unimpressed if Akpom came.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:40 - Jul 27 with 4974 viewsLesta_Tractor

Ross McCormack

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:40 - Jul 27 with 4974 viewsLankHenners

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:38 - Jul 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Looks like he 'likes' any old sh!t that mentions his name so I wouldn't pin your hopes on that.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:41 - Jul 27 with 4964 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:40 - Jul 27 by LankHenners

Looks like he 'likes' any old sh!t that mentions his name so I wouldn't pin your hopes on that.

Strange tweet to like though no?

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:43 - Jul 27 with 4946 viewshowdonblue

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:38 - Jul 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Me too I would like bogle
The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:44 - Jul 27 with 4937 viewsSomethingBlue

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:39 - Jul 27 by hype313

Wouldn't surprise me if he is high up the list. Struggled last season, largely because of injury, but I still think there is a very good player in there.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:44 - Jul 27 with 4935 viewsMullet

Have Fulham got enough in to let us have him? Also wouldn't they push for a fee we'd be unwilling to pay?

I know you're a fan, I think he'd be a good argument to suggest we're forming a team with a strong U23 core with a view to selling on talent wouldn't he?

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:45 - Jul 27 with 4925 viewsLankHenners

Saints fans seem to think Gallagher will move up as the Jay Rodriguez replacement which would rule us out, whilst Akpom apparently has a record of poor attitude. Woodrow would be good - Mick could well be playing the bluffing game and trying to get someone like him in on a permanent.

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:45 - Jul 27 with 4920 viewsMullet

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:44 - Jul 27 by SomethingBlue

Wouldn't surprise me if he is high up the list. Struggled last season, largely because of injury, but I still think there is a very good player in there.

Think he's going to suffer a fate similar to JET unfortunately but I'd welcome him here. At least to see if he can avoid it. Definitely has "something".

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:46 - Jul 27 with 4910 viewshype313

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:44 - Jul 27 by SomethingBlue

He's 21, had 5 loan clubs, 3 goals in combined 64 appearances, really think if we have ideas of a promotion/play off challenge he won't get us there.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:46 - Jul 27 with 4910 viewsitfcjoe

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:39 - Jul 27 by hype313

Why? He's a really decent player that would definitely add something for us

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:47 - Jul 27 with 4904 viewsLankHenners

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:41 - Jul 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Strange tweet to like though no?

He liked a tweet saying he was returning to Grimsby.

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:48 - Jul 27 with 4897 viewsitfcjoe

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:44 - Jul 27 by Mullet

Have Fulham got enough in to let us have him? Also wouldn't they push for a fee we'd be unwilling to pay?

I know you're a fan, I think he'd be a good argument to suggest we're forming a team with a strong U23 core with a view to selling on talent wouldn't he?

Wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, just know we really liked him and thought we'd get him and don't think he'll be playing much at Fulham. He fits the 5 point plan if you can get him for the right money if a permanent can be lined up with the loan.

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:50 - Jul 27 with 4869 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:47 - Jul 27 by LankHenners

He liked a tweet saying he was returning to Grimsby.

I think that tweet was in regards to the pre season friendly at Grimsby he was supposed to be playing in for Wigan

Obviously, things have changed as he now says he's not playing Saturday

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:50 - Jul 27 with 4868 viewsSomethingBlue

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:46 - Jul 27 by hype313

He's 21, had 5 loan clubs, 3 goals in combined 64 appearances, really think if we have ideas of a promotion/play off challenge he won't get us there.

Needs a stable environment, it just isn't on offer when big clubs are shipping you out every year and for me he showed enough a couple of years ago. You can't really blame him for the number of loan clubs — blame the system. As a player challenging to get in the team, rather than first choice, I think he'd be good. Has a lot of improvement in him. Probably needs a permanent move at this stage mind you.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 16:51]

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:50 - Jul 27 with 4866 viewsfactual_blue

Brett Pitman.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:50 - Jul 27 with 4865 viewsrickw

Sam Gallagher looks like a decent and possible target - 6"4 and 11 goals for relegated Blackburn last season

Also Leko - he's meant to be a striker, but as with a lot of youngsters they get moved out to the wing at first, I wouldn't mind both to be honest - it'd give us great competition for a 433 system! :-)

One you've missed perhaps is James Wilson from Man Utd, he went to Derby last year but got injured - he was the other player (along with Tom Lawrence) Giggs gave debuts too in his 3 games in charge

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:51 - Jul 27 with 4853 viewsMullet

Don't think he's the one unfortunately.

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:52 - Jul 27 with 4846 viewsSomethingBlue

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:48 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

Wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, just know we really liked him and thought we'd get him and don't think he'll be playing much at Fulham. He fits the 5 point plan if you can get him for the right money if a permanent can be lined up with the loan.

Think he'd be fine but Fulham need to get at least two strikers in before he goes anywhere.

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:55 - Jul 27 with 4818 viewsLankHenners

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:50 - Jul 27 by The_Romford_Blue

I think that tweet was in regards to the pre season friendly at Grimsby he was supposed to be playing in for Wigan

Obviously, things have changed as he now says he's not playing Saturday

Ah yeah, looks like it. Liked a tweet from someone begging him to move to QPR as well so if anything it points to them over us.

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:05 - Jul 27 with 4755 viewshoppy

Do they wear glasses?

I usually used to guess it was Bernard.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:07 - Jul 27 with 4733 viewsPJH

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:05 - Jul 27 by hoppy

Do they wear glasses?

I usually used to guess it was Bernard.

Worth logging in just to upvote that.
The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 17:07 - Jul 27 with 4727 viewsMullet

The big loan guess who - a few to get us started on 16:50 - Jul 27 by rickw

Sam Gallagher looks like a decent and possible target - 6"4 and 11 goals for relegated Blackburn last season

Also Leko - he's meant to be a striker, but as with a lot of youngsters they get moved out to the wing at first, I wouldn't mind both to be honest - it'd give us great competition for a 433 system! :-)

One you've missed perhaps is James Wilson from Man Utd, he went to Derby last year but got injured - he was the other player (along with Tom Lawrence) Giggs gave debuts too in his 3 games in charge

I would think Wilson is beyond us in terms of money/ also United seem to keep players as close as possible (not always I know e.g. when Fergie Jnr was at Posh).

Depressed me thoroughly flicking through a few stories and whatnot. The fact we are so reliant on this system just to formulate our own squad each season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024