Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely Man City 09:34 - Jul 23 with 3490 viewschicoazul

are going to be unstoppable next season? Spent nigh on 200m already. They have really reinforced at full back which was probably their main problem position last year and no doubt will buy one more forward now Iheanacho has gone.

Sorry for the football post not about how bad we are going to do this year in the light of a pre-season friendly defeat BTW.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Surely Man City on 09:36 - Jul 23 with 3472 viewsclive_baker

I can't see past Chelsea again unfortunately. A dark horse might be Arsenal, I think they might be strong this season. Top 3.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Surely Man City on 09:38 - Jul 23 with 3458 viewsStokieBlue

Surely Man City on 09:36 - Jul 23 by clive_baker

I can't see past Chelsea again unfortunately. A dark horse might be Arsenal, I think they might be strong this season. Top 3.

Spurs are still up there and getting better with a young, settled squad.

It's close between the top 5 or 6. Even Everton look strong this season. Not convinced by Arsenal's signings at all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Surely Man City on 09:39 - Jul 23 with 3454 viewschicoazul

Really?? I can't see Chelsea doing that again now that they have Champs League unless they pick up another 3 or so quality players, Conte is notoriously hard on his teams in training and many say this is why he has never had CL success as his teams dont have enough energy. Arsenal will be the same as ever. I'd like to see Spurs do it as they seem to be a well-run club with an English base despite the fact I have never (with one exception) met a Spurs fan I didnt dislike immediately.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Surely Man City on 09:49 - Jul 23 with 3415 viewsclive_baker

Surely Man City on 09:39 - Jul 23 by chicoazul

Really?? I can't see Chelsea doing that again now that they have Champs League unless they pick up another 3 or so quality players, Conte is notoriously hard on his teams in training and many say this is why he has never had CL success as his teams dont have enough energy. Arsenal will be the same as ever. I'd like to see Spurs do it as they seem to be a well-run club with an English base despite the fact I have never (with one exception) met a Spurs fan I didnt dislike immediately.

I agree they're probably 2 signings short to have the depth to compete in Europe and domestically, but they aren't finished yet. They've already added Bakayoko, Rudiger and Morata which is pretty frightening strengthening on what was already a class squad.

Plus they have Kante, who is the GOAT.

Surely Man City on 10:55 - Jul 23 with 3309 viewsJ2BLUE

Arsenal will never win the league under Wenger again. Top 3 would be a surprise as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Surely Man City on 12:45 - Jul 23 with 3198 viewslegoman

Strong teams for the Euro comps this season. So looking forward to them

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Surely Man City on 12:48 - Jul 23 with 3189 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Surely Man City on 09:49 - Jul 23 by clive_baker

I agree they're probably 2 signings short to have the depth to compete in Europe and domestically, but they aren't finished yet. They've already added Bakayoko, Rudiger and Morata which is pretty frightening strengthening on what was already a class squad.

Plus they have Kante, who is the GOAT.

Morata is basically just the replacement of Costa

The other two are like Batshuayi's signing - they will play every now and again but won't be regular first teasers

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Surely Man City on 12:51 - Jul 23 with 3181 viewsHerbivore

Centre back was a bigger issue for City than full back area last season. They've got a fair bit of ground to make up but I think it'll be an interesting title race, can't see anyone running away with it like Chelsea did last season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Surely Man City on 13:27 - Jul 23 with 3127 viewsclive_baker

Surely Man City on 12:48 - Jul 23 by The_Romford_Blue

The other two are like Batshuayi's signing - they will play every now and again but won't be regular first teasers

Disagree, once fit I can see Bakayoko getting in and staying in the side.

Surely Man City on 13:34 - Jul 23 with 3111 viewsTractorCam

Surely Man City on 12:48 - Jul 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Who are they teasing?

I feel bad for Batshuayi, he's always performed when given the opportunity but looks like he's bench warming again

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Surely Man City on 13:36 - Jul 23 with 3101 viewsHerbivore

Surely Man City on 12:51 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

Centre back was a bigger issue for City than full back area last season. They've got a fair bit of ground to make up but I think it'll be an interesting title race, can't see anyone running away with it like Chelsea did last season.

Which bit of this do you disagree with, hoofer?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Surely Man City on 13:48 - Jul 23 with 3075 viewsBlueBadger

Surely Man City on 13:36 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

Which bit of this do you disagree with, hoofer?

I hope your wedding photos are well secured Herbers, otherwise they'll in your inbox quicker than you can say 'the ticket office are answering the phone, I've just tried'.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 15:26]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Surely Man City on 13:53 - Jul 23 with 3057 viewsmonty_radio

Surely Man City on 13:34 - Jul 23 by TractorCam

Who are they teasing?

I feel bad for Batshuayi, he's always performed when given the opportunity but looks like he's bench warming again

I guess any sympathy for a permanently benched Premier footballer is tempered by the million pounds a minute for sitting there. Nevertheless, it will be odd for such a 35 -yr old multi-millionaire to look back and see the 50 first-team starts recorded in the spot where it ought to have read 500.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Surely Man City on 17:40 - Jul 23 with 2862 viewsMJallday

i cant wait till the sky money runs out and it all goes pop

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024