Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lest we forget 20:28 - Jul 22 with 9061 viewsCoco

That Berra was an absolute beast for us. An absolute beast of a defender in this division. We now have nobody even near his level of ability and consistency.

Still need a decent and reliable striker.

Think Webster could step up but not confident with Smith. Garner could be a perfect foil for Murph but we dont have Murphy anymore. Spend big and wisely on the right striker and he will turn a profit whatever happens.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Lest we forget on 20:39 - Jul 22 with 8116 viewschristiand

Problem is Coco, they won't unless we sell. For all MM's good business this summer we are crying out for a quality striker and we all know they cost money, but ME just won't go above £1m for a player. That amount doesn't even get you a decent striker from League 2!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Lest we forget on 20:56 - Jul 22 with 8052 viewsBluesquid

Berra seriously underperformed in his last 2 seasons for us.
I don't rate Chambers or Knudsen, not sure about Iorfa. Some Wolves fans don't rate him.
If Webster or Smith can't make that step up to run the defence then we are going to leak goals i reckon.
Lest we forget on 20:57 - Jul 22 with 8046 viewstextbackup

Berra was very poor last season

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Lest we forget on 22:16 - Jul 22 with 7882 viewsericclacton

Lest we forget on 20:57 - Jul 22 by textbackup

173 starts 14 goals, he was good for us, very good.

Lest we forget on 22:44 - Jul 22 with 7812 viewsNazemariner

Berra was our best defender without doubt, but he did make a number of mistakes last season.

This is a big season for Tommy Smith. It's his chance to make that position his own. Right now he's probably not as good a defender, but he does offer more attacking threat.

Chambo, as well as being our leader, is solid enough at CB, and Webster has bags of potential.

Even with the loss of our best defender I'm happy with how our back 5 line up. I'm more concerned with what's in front of it. Are we a three? Four? Five? I expect we'll be all three at some point or other.

Clearly we need a talismanic striker, but so does every team. I've not seen Garner play yet, but quietly optimistic about his future at the club.

We're going to see the best of McGoldrick this season.
Lest we forget on 22:53 - Jul 22 with 7790 viewsRudyard83

Lest we forget on 22:44 - Jul 22 by Nazemariner

Berra was our best defender without doubt, but he did make a number of mistakes last season.

This is a big season for Tommy Smith. It's his chance to make that position his own. Right now he's probably not as good a defender, but he does offer more attacking threat.

Chambo, as well as being our leader, is solid enough at CB, and Webster has bags of potential.

Even with the loss of our best defender I'm happy with how our back 5 line up. I'm more concerned with what's in front of it. Are we a three? Four? Five? I expect we'll be all three at some point or other.

Clearly we need a talismanic striker, but so does every team. I've not seen Garner play yet, but quietly optimistic about his future at the club.

We're going to see the best of McGoldrick this season.

Sorry about the down vote, I meant to click the up. Tried to change but couldn't
on 22:56 - Jul 22 with 7783 views_

Lest we forget on 23:05 - Jul 22 with 7749 viewsericclacton

on 22:56 - Jul 22 by _

Login to get fewer ads

Lest we forget on 23:25 - Jul 22 with 7696 viewsfeelingblue

Rubbish
Lest we forget on 23:29 - Jul 22 with 7684 viewstextbackup

Lest we forget on 23:25 - Jul 22 by feelingblue

Rubbish

Poor/rubbish... which ever you wish.

He had a terrible few months where he genuinely looked like he'd forgotten his profession

Lest we forget on 23:32 - Jul 22 with 7664 viewsericclacton

Lest we forget on 23:29 - Jul 22 by textbackup

He had a terrible few months where he genuinely looked like he'd forgotten his profession

Poppycock.

Lest we forget on 23:44 - Jul 22 with 7627 viewsfeelingblue

Lest we forget on 23:29 - Jul 22 by textbackup

Nonsense.

He had maybe lost a yard, but he reads the game far better than any of his colleagues.
Lest we forget on 23:47 - Jul 22 with 7612 viewshoofer

Lest we forget on 23:25 - Jul 22 by feelingblue

Rubbish

He only had one good game in my book and that was Forest away,all the other games he was bang on average or worse.
Lest we forget on 23:55 - Jul 22 with 7574 viewsericclacton

Lest we forget on 23:47 - Jul 22 by hoofer

He only had one good game in my book and that was Forest away,all the other games he was bang on average or worse.

Claptrap
Lest we forget on 00:07 - Jul 23 with 7549 viewsericclacton

Lest we forget on 00:22 - Jul 23 with 7523 viewstextbackup

Lest we forget on 23:44 - Jul 22 by feelingblue

Nonsense.

He had maybe lost a yard, but he reads the game far better than any of his colleagues.

He never had a yard to lose! Read the game well, no doubt, but on the ball last season in particular he was awful. Ball out of touch more than to intended pass, fell over his own feet, gave ball away, looked clumsy.
But hey, he must have been good, he's ended up playing Scottish football

Lest we forget on 00:36 - Jul 23 with 7500 viewsericclacton

Lest we forget on 00:22 - Jul 23 by textbackup

He never had a yard to lose! Read the game well, no doubt, but on the ball last season in particular he was awful. Ball out of touch more than to intended pass, fell over his own feet, gave ball away, looked clumsy.
But hey, he must have been good, he's ended up playing Scottish football

Lest we forget on 01:40 - Jul 23 with 7444 viewstextbackup

Lest we forget on 00:36 - Jul 23 by ericclacton

With him we would never progress. Simple

Lest we forget on 01:58 - Jul 23 with 7433 viewsbournemouthblue

Lest we forget on 23:44 - Jul 22 by feelingblue

Nonsense.

Even that deserted him last season, he had a real shocker but then perhaps he had one eye on the summer?

MM is decent at organising defences and developing defenders, I'm sure we'll be steady enough at the back

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Lest we forget on 02:37 - Jul 23 with 7412 viewstextbackup

Lest we forget on 01:58 - Jul 23 by bournemouthblue

Even that deserted him last season, he had a real shocker but then perhaps he had one eye on the summer?

MM is decent at organising defences and developing defenders, I'm sure we'll be steady enough at the back

MM 'was' good at that, but last couple of seasons has seen multiple defensive errors that have led to goals, many individual errors that haven't been stamped out

Lest we forget on 07:53 - Jul 23 with 7300 viewsblueislander

Lest we forget on 01:58 - Jul 23 by bournemouthblue

I have to agree with that. We forgave his awful distribution in the past because he could defend. Then he became even slower and more error prone. His propensity for holding his opponent's shirt at set pieces could easily have given the opposition a penalty every game.
Lest we forget on 07:54 - Jul 23 with 7296 viewsblueislander

Lest we forget on 22:16 - Jul 22 by ericclacton

173 starts 14 goals, he was good for us, very good.

Cole Skuse would die for that goal ratio!
Lest we forget on 09:24 - Jul 23 with 7188 viewsMark

Berra clearly hated being on the left of a back-three, but in 4-4-2 I still think he was the strongest defender physically and best in the air, plus he scored a few goals. I hope he is not missed, but fear he will be. Given the lack of goalscorers in the squad, we really need to be tight at the back.
Lest we forget on 10:38 - Jul 23 with 7122 viewsbournemouthblue

Lest we forget on 02:37 - Jul 23 by textbackup

MM 'was' good at that, but last couple of seasons has seen multiple defensive errors that have led to goals, many individual errors that haven't been stamped out

many caused by Berra :p

We probably looked our most solid last season with Knudsen in the back three?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Lest we forget on 11:06 - Jul 23 with 7065 viewsHerbivore

Berra was immense in 2014/15 but the past 2 seasons he's been very inconsistent and prone to some really poor errors. The revisionism now he's gone is quite incredible. The defence looks fine to be in terms of numbers and quality, we definitely need another striker and a wide man wouldn't go amiss either, although we do have Celina, Ward and Rowe so arguably we're okay in that department.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024