Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... 17:41 - Jul 22 with 19984 viewsunstableblue

In fact perhaps we all should.

We're all involved in a farce, and the denial of the many is really going to damage us all. There are still a number of people on this board who regularly post rubbish about the realities of Brexit, it's time to wake up.

https://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21725314-long-government-stays-denial-abo

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 17:44 - Jul 22 with 9718 viewsJ2BLUE

Ahh today's propaganda update.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 17:53 - Jul 22 with 9698 viewsVic

Or there's this -

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/07/a-view-from-germany/

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 18:18 - Jul 22 with 9627 viewsBluedandy

A masterclass in doom-laden hyperbole from a magazine which wanted a homophobic Christian evangelical as Britain's next PM.
Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 18:28 - Jul 22 with 9590 viewsbluejacko

Isn't it about time that you did wake up and accept we are LEAVING!
Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 18:46 - Jul 22 with 9535 viewsvilanovablue

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 18:28 - Jul 22 by bluejacko

What does shouting that explain about your position. It's now about the how which is the important part, at the moment I don't think our negotiators could manage their way out of a damp paper bag...
Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 19:40 - Jul 22 with 9479 viewsBlueorder

What will happen when we leave?
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! on 20:10 - Jul 22 with 9437 viewsunstableblue

So how are we leaving? What form of Brexit do you want? What do you think is feasible? What measures are you planning to put in place to counter the negative economic impact? How are we going to fund the huge set-up of new legislation and governmental oversight? How do we support our industries and academia in ensuring the impact of leaving standards, research and development agencies is minimised?

Oh sorry your answer is 'Brexit means Brexit' !!!! I'm fine with that but I want to know is HOW? Give me some frickin detail.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! on 20:54 - Jul 22 with 9372 viewsBlueorder

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! on 20:10 - Jul 22 by unstableblue

So how are we leaving? What form of Brexit do you want? What do you think is feasible? What measures are you planning to put in place to counter the negative economic impact? How are we going to fund the huge set-up of new legislation and governmental oversight? How do we support our industries and academia in ensuring the impact of leaving standards, research and development agencies is minimised?

Oh sorry your answer is 'Brexit means Brexit' !!!! I'm fine with that but I want to know is HOW? Give me some frickin detail.

There isn't a single person on the planet that can give you or anyone else any detail. The weakest government in my living memory is bumbling along hoping that something good might happen.
Boris Johnson recently said that we shouldn't worry about not getting a good deal as the country was in line for a 'very good deal indeed'. As per usual he failed to put any meat on the bones.
Login to get fewer ads

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! on 20:54 - Jul 22 with 9369 viewstiptreeblue

you need to ask factual because he knows what we all think, being such a master of knowledge that he is the Nob
Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 21:43 - Jul 22 with 9311 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Economist Group is owned by the Cadbury, Rothschild, Schroder, Agnelli and other family interests as well as a number of staff and former staff shareholders.
source: wikipedia

So establishment-owned flagship economics journal says nothing good will come of it. The truth is, nothing will come of it.

I can't believe people are still wetting themselves over Brexit. Here's the government's dilemma:

The establishment doesn't want Brexit to happen so the government has to "officially" do Brexit without really doing Brexit at all. Poor lambs have to try to convince us all that we live in some sort of genuine democracy.

This has always been the case. Stop believing what the politicians and the sold out media tell you and start analysing what is actually happening.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2017 21:45]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 22:27 - Jul 22 with 9259 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The Economist, along with The New European, is a pro-EU propaganda paper. If we left the EU and everything was going magnificently twelve months later they'd still be incredibly negative about the whole thing.

We had a free and fair vote. The Leave side of the argument won. End of story, we're leaving the European Union. Long live Europe.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 08:13 - Jul 23 with 9129 viewsNo9

Can't read the article because I have not subscribed.
Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 08:15 - Jul 23 with 9120 viewsNo9

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 21:43 - Jul 22 by caught-in-limbo

The Economist Group is owned by the Cadbury, Rothschild, Schroder, Agnelli and other family interests as well as a number of staff and former staff shareholders.
source: wikipedia

So establishment-owned flagship economics journal says nothing good will come of it. The truth is, nothing will come of it.

I can't believe people are still wetting themselves over Brexit. Here's the government's dilemma:

The establishment doesn't want Brexit to happen so the government has to "officially" do Brexit without really doing Brexit at all. Poor lambs have to try to convince us all that we live in some sort of genuine democracy.

This has always been the case. Stop believing what the politicians and the sold out media tell you and start analysing what is actually happening.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2017 21:45]

I have been analysing what is hapening since 2013 when Mr Cameron announced there would be a referendum.

None of what has happened in my business since then is good.
Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 08:20 - Jul 23 with 9112 viewsbluejacko

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 19:40 - Jul 22 by Blueorder

What will happen when we leave?

This is the Brexit i want,a reasonable set of points to take to the talks dont you think?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/17/theresa-mays-brexit-speech-full

There was a Britain before the EU and i am fairly sure there will be one after our exit!
Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 08:22 - Jul 23 with 9104 viewsNo9

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 08:20 - Jul 23 by bluejacko

This is the Brexit i want,a reasonable set of points to take to the talks dont you think?

There was a Britain before the EU and i am fairly sure there will be one after our exit!

May I ask what your work / business is and will you have more or less this debacle finally unfolds ?
Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 08:27 - Jul 23 with 9089 viewsPinewoodblue

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 17:53 - Jul 22 by Vic

Or there's this -

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/07/a-view-from-germany/

Strange how neither the original poster, nor any of regular remoaners, have commented on this article.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 08:29 - Jul 23 with 9083 viewsNo9

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 08:20 - Jul 23 by bluejacko

None of what is in that deals with reality.
How much of UK day to day life is controlled by EU companies e.g energy, transport, utilities etc.?
This government & the torioes have no plans to change any of that so we will still be under EU control when we leave.
If the Uk, lead by the tories had 50 years to get ready to leave the EU it would still be a muddle because they are not looking at what the UK needs only on how much money the wealthy can make & hide.
Will you have a job come March 2019?
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! on 09:15 - Jul 23 with 9028 viewschicoazul

How? How is over mate. It's done, we left when we handed our notice in. We're just negotiating terms now during our notice period. We are, if Brexit is the real thing, leaving every institution shared by our ex co-member countries and will no longer be subject to their courts and law makers. It's really simple and I don't see why people are struggling with this concept. And the one thing everyone seems to forget in these endless discussions in here is, we print our own money. So if you are panicking about how we will pay for this and that, there's your answer. The flip side of this is of course the impact that all that money printing will have on the economy but given we have been printing money out of thin air for nearly 10 years and it doesnt seem to have done any huge structural damage to the country then I wouldnt worry too much about that.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 09:27 - Jul 23 with 9009 viewsNo9

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 08:27 - Jul 23 by Pinewoodblue

Strange how neither the original poster, nor any of regular remoaners, have commented on this article.

Probably because the author is making the comments on behalf of his consultancy rather than Germany?
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! on 09:31 - Jul 23 with 8999 viewsgazzer1999

Did we get given the detail back in the 70's when we joined? I think not, I remember asking my mother when Wilson had his referendum, what she was voting for, and she replied we have got to stay in, otherwise dad will lose his job. Well we stayed in and even more than dad still lost their jobs.
So when you voted to stay in did you know what you were voting for? more of the same, not been too great has it these last 40 years.
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! on 09:37 - Jul 23 with 8988 viewsNo9

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! on 09:31 - Jul 23 by gazzer1999

Did we get given the detail back in the 70's when we joined? I think not, I remember asking my mother when Wilson had his referendum, what she was voting for, and she replied we have got to stay in, otherwise dad will lose his job. Well we stayed in and even more than dad still lost their jobs.
So when you voted to stay in did you know what you were voting for? more of the same, not been too great has it these last 40 years.

Did your mother also tell you that it was the tories that took the UK into the EU?
& that the Wilson referendum took place later?
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! on 09:44 - Jul 23 with 8974 viewsnoggin

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! on 09:15 - Jul 23 by chicoazul

How? How is over mate. It's done, we left when we handed our notice in. We're just negotiating terms now during our notice period. We are, if Brexit is the real thing, leaving every institution shared by our ex co-member countries and will no longer be subject to their courts and law makers. It's really simple and I don't see why people are struggling with this concept. And the one thing everyone seems to forget in these endless discussions in here is, we print our own money. So if you are panicking about how we will pay for this and that, there's your answer. The flip side of this is of course the impact that all that money printing will have on the economy but given we have been printing money out of thin air for nearly 10 years and it doesnt seem to have done any huge structural damage to the country then I wouldnt worry too much about that.

So not only has the government borrowed trillions of pounds, that they can't afford to pay back, they are printing money and destroying the economy from within? And we shouldn't worry about losing our biggest trading partners in a few months time?
When I say "we", I say it as a British citizen.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2017 9:46]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 09:47 - Jul 23 with 8961 viewsDolly2.0

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 08:13 - Jul 23 by No9

Can't read the article because I have not subscribed.

I haven't subscribed but I can read the article.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 09:47 - Jul 23 with 8957 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brexiteers should read this Economist leader... on 08:27 - Jul 23 by Pinewoodblue

No point responding to it, because it's as warped as some elements of the article in the OP are. Everyone's getting entrenched. Two opinion pieces highlighting the shallow stupidity of the whole affair.

This 'view from Germany' seems fairly perverse; I suspect it's not representative of the real view at all (certainly doesn't reflect the views of Germans I've spoken to). Just a few points that make no sense:
- they see more EU workers in Britain than Brits in the EU as being in our favour. That's counter intuitive: we're the ones that rely on those EU workers: we have a greater dependency and therefore will feel the effects more.
- they somehow leap from Junker's (bleedingly obvious) statement that it's going to take a while to untangle the legislation, as 'evidence' that it means there's too much legislation. That's not a logic leap. And it also completely ignores the Great Repeal Bill.
- Then it calls for mass abolishment of regulations. That's the fear - many of these are there to ease trading, to protect consumers, to protect citizens, to protect the environment. I'm all for less regulation; but we've given power to people in the Commons and Lords who won't give a sh*t about much of these things.

You know when you see the Economist and Spectator what to expect - as said before, both are essentially propaganda.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! on 09:53 - Jul 23 with 8944 viewsgazzer1999

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!!! on 09:37 - Jul 23 by No9

Did your mother also tell you that it was the tories that took the UK into the EU?
& that the Wilson referendum took place later?

I knew who took us in, didn't mean that I agreed with it, remember it was a common market of trading nations.
I also knew that we ended up over producing food and were prevented from selling it cheap to ourselves and then giving it away to the soviet union.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024