Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The unanimous boo boy of choice 10:30 - Jul 21 with 29407 viewsBluefish

Is definitely Skuse then. How long can he keep the title for before the flakes find a new target?? I reckon October and then it will move to Mcgoldrick

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:56 - Jul 21 with 5637 viewsitfcjoe

Skuse has never been a boo boy and can't imagine it starting anytime soon.

Knudsen is likely to be a boo boy, or Iorfa as his quality on the ball is very variable from what I've seen.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:57 - Jul 21 with 5633 viewsBlueBadger

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:50 - Jul 21 by Binner

And, more recently, Cresswell and Mings...

Mings of course, had the added bonus for the barmies of being young, a bit flash and active on social media.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 12:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:57 - Jul 21 with 5632 viewsitfcjoe

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:40 - Jul 21 by Bluefish

He probably should. If the midfield has enough creative talent and we now have lots in the squad he provides the perfect balance.

The bloke reads the game superbly.

I don't care if he doesnt score a single goal or get an assist ever again he can still be our best player.

Many of the greatest teams ever did so with a similar sort of player at the expense of a quality flair player

A central midfielder can't be as limited as Skuse is in one key facet of the game (attacking) and be a very good player in a 442.

The worst thing is Skuse does have a decent range of passing, he should do more - and anyone who can't see that doesn't have a clue about football.

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:02 - Jul 21 with 5621 viewsBluefish

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:57 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

A central midfielder can't be as limited as Skuse is in one key facet of the game (attacking) and be a very good player in a 442.

The worst thing is Skuse does have a decent range of passing, he should do more - and anyone who can't see that doesn't have a clue about football.

Skuse is also the 1st to show forbthe ball and the most comfortable (apart from an in form bishop) in tight spaces

Sadly too often he doesn't have michbaround him and therefore goes to the centre half. Skuse on his day shoukd be the 1st name on the team sheet......actually 2nd because mcgoldrick is too sexy

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:05 - Jul 21 with 5618 viewsTractorWood

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:57 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

I like Skuse but he plays with zero freedom and doesn't do enough to impose himself in games. However, he is experienced and clearly a cool and balanced head to have a round. To me he starts with Huws.

To me our success this season will be contingent on the balance of our midfield. Last season is was atrocious and this, I think will be MM's eventual undoing. Sink or swim time.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:07 - Jul 21 with 5612 viewsMullet

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:05 - Jul 21 by TractorWood

I like Skuse but he plays with zero freedom and doesn't do enough to impose himself in games. However, he is experienced and clearly a cool and balanced head to have a round. To me he starts with Huws.

To me our success this season will be contingent on the balance of our midfield. Last season is was atrocious and this, I think will be MM's eventual undoing. Sink or swim time.

Your last paragraph is the kernel really. I'd like to think we could put any two of Huws/Adeyemi/Bishop/Ward in a three ahead of Skuse and dominate midfield far better than last season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:08 - Jul 21 with 5608 viewsjaykay

do we miss him when hes not playing .
unseen work love that phrase, how does that work.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:10 - Jul 21 with 5606 viewsBluefish

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:08 - Jul 21 by jaykay

do we miss him when hes not playing .
unseen work love that phrase, how does that work.

You think a player moving into space or shutting down space without touching the ball doesn't exist?

Login to get fewer ads

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:17 - Jul 21 with 5580 viewsitfcjoe

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:02 - Jul 21 by Bluefish

Skuse is also the 1st to show forbthe ball and the most comfortable (apart from an in form bishop) in tight spaces

Sadly too often he doesn't have michbaround him and therefore goes to the centre half. Skuse on his day shoukd be the 1st name on the team sheet......actually 2nd because mcgoldrick is too sexy

I watched Skuse on Tuesday and found myself frustrated, because he is such a good player and should do a bit more and looked really good. Hopefully the shackles will come off - but fear it's not just Mick holding him back but his natural game.

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:19 - Jul 21 with 5577 viewsitfcjoe

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:05 - Jul 21 by TractorWood

Mick has struggled to get midfield balance right since he's been here - how much of that is also down to Skuse.

I've not seen enough of Adeyemi but if he plays as he is billed and we end up with 2 true box-to-box midfielders who can strike up a partnership and good understanding them Huws and Adeyemi could be the answer in the medium to long term

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 12:21 - Jul 21 with 5567 viewsBlueNomad

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 11:43 - Jul 21 by Mullet

That is such nonsense and shows you don't watch him very closely at all. He isn't a natural athlete and compensates for that perfectly. Watch Izzy Brown's goal for Hudds last season and you'll see what having someone as green as Dozzell does to the whole midfield, yet Skuse got the blame for that one, despite Gerken also making a dubiously late move for the ball.

His reading of the game is the reason why he often anticipates needing to dive in like Hyam. When he does get forced to slide in he rarely loses out, his timing is wonderful.

The fact you go on to call Murphy average is equally baffling.

No one is going to claim Skuse is a one man midfield which seems to be his critics main issue, but you don't need to make stuff up. If you look at his time here overall he's possibly the most important player MM has signed and there's a reason why he's ever present even when the team is flying or falling down.

Leadbitter and McA got very similar treatment from people who don't bother to look beyond 5 minute windows and their preconceptions. Watch the playoff season back and look at the impact Skuse had on Bishop's game for a simple example of how poor some of these ideas are. He is a significant factor in the reason we were able to stifle so many teams and hit them with clinical moves that saw us win so often.

Spot on!
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:26 - Jul 21 with 5551 viewsKieran_Knows

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:17 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

I watched Skuse on Tuesday and found myself frustrated, because he is such a good player and should do a bit more and looked really good. Hopefully the shackles will come off - but fear it's not just Mick holding him back but his natural game.

Definitely this. Always feel with Skuse he could do more, as you say, he is a decent passer of the ball, just doesn't do it enough.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 13:38 - Jul 21 with 5510 viewsSW6Tractor

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:26 - Jul 21 by Kieran_Knows

Definitely this. Always feel with Skuse he could do more, as you say, he is a decent passer of the ball, just doesn't do it enough.

He was exceptional against Newcastle at home - shackles off. He played more like Shelvey than Shelvey did that day.
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 13:42 - Jul 21 with 5504 viewsWD19

Gerken for me.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
Imagine a team with..... on 13:49 - Jul 21 with 5492 viewsBiGDonnie

Imagine a team with..... on 10:35 - Jul 21 by Bloots

....Gerks, Jonas and Skuse in it.

The barmies would be so confused that they'd probably end up supporting the team.

Skuse really is a poor player.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 13:57 - Jul 21 with 5474 viewsthatdamgood89

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 11:19 - Jul 21 by Bluefish

He rarely makes a tackle? Do you not watch or are we just going to make things up? He also intercepts so many through reading he doesn't need to tackle.

Skuse is always my barometer for people that have a clue about football. If you can't see the value then you don't appreciate the game and should stick to watching highlights

Funny isn't it, because Skuse is also my barometer for people who think they know it all about the game but really should just stick to listening to Neville and Cara before spouting their own form of garbage.
Skuse is great at last minute lunges granted but if you watched the game these are only normally needed as a result of him giving the ball away earlier in the move.

The basic fact is this, If Cole Skuse was any good he would have clubs with clout interested in him. He hasn't because he isn't .
Making last minute lunges doesn't show you can read the game. Passing to a team mate two yards away doesn't make you a world class passer. In big matches at big moments Cole Skuse goes into hiding.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 14:00]

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 13:59 - Jul 21 with 5470 viewsOsborneOneNil

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 12:07 - Jul 21 by Mullet

Your last paragraph is the kernel really. I'd like to think we could put any two of Huws/Adeyemi/Bishop/Ward in a three ahead of Skuse and dominate midfield far better than last season.

Spot on, Mullet. I agree with you!! Good stuff........
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 13:59 - Jul 21 with 5470 viewschicoazul

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:50 - Jul 21 by Binner

And, more recently, Cresswell and Mings...

I can't remember either of them getting booed, people used to grumble about Mings 'doing too much' and 'playing arrogantly'. Burley and Mills a bit before my time. I was thinking more about McCall, Neil Thompson, Head, and Matt Richards.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 14:07 - Jul 21 with 5457 viewsOsborneOneNil

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 11:19 - Jul 21 by Bluefish

He rarely makes a tackle? Do you not watch or are we just going to make things up? He also intercepts so many through reading he doesn't need to tackle.

Skuse is always my barometer for people that have a clue about football. If you can't see the value then you don't appreciate the game and should stick to watching highlights

Would you consider current and ex-pro players as having a clue about football? Would their opinion on Skuse be relevant?

Just wondering........
Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 14:11 - Jul 21 with 5449 viewsDanTheMan

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 14:07 - Jul 21 by OsborneOneNil

Would you consider current and ex-pro players as having a clue about football? Would their opinion on Skuse be relevant?

Just wondering........

That really depends on the player, doesn't it?

It's not like Michael Owen or Alan Shearer offer earth shattering analysis of the game despite playing at the highest level.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 14:17 - Jul 21 with 5434 viewsNo9

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 11:28 - Jul 21 by blueislander

We will agree to differ, and your offensiveness is forgiven. I have been watching Town for over 60 years, and in that time, we have had dozens of midfielders who were equally competent at attacking and defending.

I have been going about the same time as you & I can't recall a less capable wearer of the No.8 shirt
Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 14:18 - Jul 21 with 5432 viewsOsborneOneNil

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 14:11 - Jul 21 by DanTheMan

That really depends on the player, doesn't it?

It's not like Michael Owen or Alan Shearer offer earth shattering analysis of the game despite playing at the highest level.

True. But then a former ITFC pro, who played in midfield, is worth listening to. More so than Truce, perhaps. They tend to offer an insight into what a team needs and requires from a central midfielder. Not saying they are all genius', but they can watch a player and give a good opinion on him, and whether they feel he does a job.

Anyway, it's a joy we all have opinions on stuff, keeps it interesting.
Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 14:32 - Jul 21 with 5410 viewsBluefish

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 14:07 - Jul 21 by OsborneOneNil

Just wondering........

I thought Roy Keane showed everyone that playing the game doesn't mean you understand the game. It does make it more likely but you need a brain to go with it. You can also not play the game but understand it but it is less likely and would involve a good brain and a lot of studying

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 14:33 - Jul 21 with 5405 viewsLankHenners

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 13:57 - Jul 21 by thatdamgood89

Funny isn't it, because Skuse is also my barometer for people who think they know it all about the game but really should just stick to listening to Neville and Cara before spouting their own form of garbage.
Skuse is great at last minute lunges granted but if you watched the game these are only normally needed as a result of him giving the ball away earlier in the move.

The basic fact is this, If Cole Skuse was any good he would have clubs with clout interested in him. He hasn't because he isn't .
Making last minute lunges doesn't show you can read the game. Passing to a team mate two yards away doesn't make you a world class passer. In big matches at big moments Cole Skuse goes into hiding.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 14:00]

Says people don't watch the game, says Skuse only makes last ditch lunges. Ok.

How do you know we haven't had clubs interested in him?

If he was as bad as you try to make out he wouldn't have played as much as he has since he's been here, including being the main midfielder in 3 consecutive top 10 finishes.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 14:37 - Jul 21 with 5385 viewsLankHenners

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 14:18 - Jul 21 by OsborneOneNil

True. But then a former ITFC pro, who played in midfield, is worth listening to. More so than Truce, perhaps. They tend to offer an insight into what a team needs and requires from a central midfielder. Not saying they are all genius', but they can watch a player and give a good opinion on him, and whether they feel he does a job.

Anyway, it's a joy we all have opinions on stuff, keeps it interesting.

Robbie Savage has almost single-handedly destroyed the myth that former players always know what they're talking about and their words should be taken as gospel. And he was a top level midfielder.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024