Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The unanimous boo boy of choice 10:30 - Jul 21 with 29411 viewsBluefish

Is definitely Skuse then. How long can he keep the title for before the flakes find a new target?? I reckon October and then it will move to Mcgoldrick

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:06 - Jul 22 with 5624 viewstextbackup

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:47 - Jul 22 by pointofblue

I'd argue Knudsen and Hyam are boo boy targets ahead of Skuse.

But for the right reasons (not against the player themselves) but against the manager if he picks them over far better players

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 11:08 - Jul 22 with 5621 viewstextbackup

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 11:03 - Jul 22 by Bluefish

With the players currently available it would be bizarre to see skyam (is that a thing yet?) Starting games but you could do for the last 20 mins when leading possibly. Even I would would want Mick out if we are as negative bit the signings tell me we won't be. The big problem I believe is Mick didn't want to replace bishop but his injuries and loss of form left us desperate for cheap fixes.

We have signed the right players to get us playing and we have let Berra go as well.

I can see Knudsen getting the nod to add steal to the team and he is not as bad as made out. He is not as good as kenlock but kenlock also went missing is various games last season. We have genuine options is all positions....aprt from gk

If we have a 2-0 lead in a playoff semi from the first leg I'll happily accept hyan and skuse in CM in second leg lol

That aside we do have options and I'm really excited to see if MM can change his way of thinking

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:18 - Jul 22 with 5614 viewsOsborneOneNil

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:20 - Jul 22 by textbackup

The thing is he isn't a bad player, and last season was just his normal self, just had nothing happening around him which in turn made him look bad.

Anyone with half a brain can see that skuse alongside 3 forward thinking midfielders will work very well.

I think that probably just about sums it up, doesn't it?

That does make sense, and he isn't a bad player, but to try and understand the view of people not keen on Skuse, imagine a better player than Skuse playing alongside 3 forward thinking midfielders. Someone who does the dirty work, reads the game, but is a more complete footballer.

That's the point.
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:19 - Jul 22 with 5614 viewspointofblue

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:06 - Jul 22 by textbackup

But for the right reasons (not against the player themselves) but against the manager if he picks them over far better players

Far better? I like Kenlock and think he could be a great asset to the team in the future but to boo Knudsen if he's picked in front of him is counter productive. Same as if Hyam is booed though I think he'd be shown more support if he was picked alongside Huws or Bishop in Skuse's place.

But either way it's McCarthy's issue and the players shouldn't be heckled because of it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:49 - Jul 22 with 5597 viewsNo9

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:19 - Jul 22 by pointofblue

Far better? I like Kenlock and think he could be a great asset to the team in the future but to boo Knudsen if he's picked in front of him is counter productive. Same as if Hyam is booed though I think he'd be shown more support if he was picked alongside Huws or Bishop in Skuse's place.

But either way it's McCarthy's issue and the players shouldn't be heckled because of it.

Agreed & I believe there are many who do not understand some of MM's selections
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:57 - Jul 22 with 5591 viewschicoazul

on 16:21 - Jul 21 by _

Not really. He is ok. He just suffers in comparison with our previous two players in that position.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 13:33 - Jul 22 with 5573 viewstextbackup

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:18 - Jul 22 by OsborneOneNil

That does make sense, and he isn't a bad player, but to try and understand the view of people not keen on Skuse, imagine a better player than Skuse playing alongside 3 forward thinking midfielders. Someone who does the dirty work, reads the game, but is a more complete footballer.

That's the point.

Oh I totally get that, many times I've watched skuse thinking 'ffs do something more'

I hate the reality that if skuse could do his defensive tidy up job and attack that he'd not be here.

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 17:27 - Jul 22 with 5534 viewsjudespiveyg

Skuse for me is what limits the team. Personally I'd like to see a Huws and Adeyemi partnership, but MM always plays with a defensive mid. That leaves Skuse or Hyam to pick from. If you think about typical defensive midfield qualities, they involve good tackler, tenacious, and not afraid to do the dirty work at the risk of a yellow. Hyam fits all of these, Skuse doesn't do any of them. For me, Skuse is an incredibly limited centre mid who plays deep as it doesn't highlight his limitations, games pass him by and for a centre mid, has an atrocious goals and assist record that even makes Hyam's look good.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Login to get fewer ads

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 22:29 - Jul 22 with 5495 viewsnshearman1

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 17:27 - Jul 22 by judespiveyg

Skuse for me is what limits the team. Personally I'd like to see a Huws and Adeyemi partnership, but MM always plays with a defensive mid. That leaves Skuse or Hyam to pick from. If you think about typical defensive midfield qualities, they involve good tackler, tenacious, and not afraid to do the dirty work at the risk of a yellow. Hyam fits all of these, Skuse doesn't do any of them. For me, Skuse is an incredibly limited centre mid who plays deep as it doesn't highlight his limitations, games pass him by and for a centre mid, has an atrocious goals and assist record that even makes Hyam's look good.

This is true. Skuse is actually great at clearing up messes (which is a regular occurrence with us) but dreadful at trying to move the ball forward. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the boy Downes was the answer to this? If he became a regular, I could see Hyam becoming surplus to requirements - when all or most are fit, we'll potentially have an overload again of midfielders and someone will have to be shipped out.
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:06 - Jul 23 with 5462 viewsNo9

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 17:27 - Jul 22 by judespiveyg

I agree with much of this and we shoudl not forget how easily the midfield, where Colse Skuse is pivotal is much of the problem and why Town concede the pitch so easily.
But I don't blame CS for these shortcomings, I do however blame MM for his poor tactics
Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 10:31 - Jul 23 with 5449 viewsitfcjoe

Or maybe it's because no team can play..... on 11:03 - Jul 22 by Bluefish

With the players currently available it would be bizarre to see skyam (is that a thing yet?) Starting games but you could do for the last 20 mins when leading possibly. Even I would would want Mick out if we are as negative bit the signings tell me we won't be. The big problem I believe is Mick didn't want to replace bishop but his injuries and loss of form left us desperate for cheap fixes.

We have signed the right players to get us playing and we have let Berra go as well.

I can see Knudsen getting the nod to add steal to the team and he is not as bad as made out. He is not as good as kenlock but kenlock also went missing is various games last season. We have genuine options is all positions....aprt from gk

Kenlock played 20 minutes yesterday and lost his man 3 times, one lead to a goal and another to a good chance.

He's much better than JK going forwards but you can see why Mick is going to pick Knudsen

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:54 - Jul 25 with 5393 viewsMach_foreignBlue

A relatively new theory among a number of our support is that 'if you criticise him then you can't see what he does for the team.

It's been said that .... the bloke reads the game superbly. So what?????

Take home game to Forest for example. He 'reads the game superbly' and DOES NOTHING to stop Mills heading towards Assombalonga that resulted in their second goal.
Or watch the manner of goals during the home 0-3 defeat to Derby. He ran around like an extra.
Lincoln away? If he is a 'Premieship class' like some say then he should stand out against non-league players. The fact is he was arguably the worst player on the pitch.
Barnsley away 1-1 last March. The game in which Diagouraga wasn't far from being red carded. Abject display and again Skuse was glaringly bad.

There have been some matches last season where I have noticed his contribution, Wolves away he was very lively. Norwich away or Burton away worth noticing too. But the bloke is painfully limited, has a very easy life and knows he won't be dropped at all. Automatic place in the team.
There is no fight in him when we need to chase an opponent. Just same old, same old.

And every time when you slate him some people tell you that 'you cannot see what he does for the team'. Sheer stupidity !

Every time he isn't in the team we seem to be better, quicker and more dynamic. Take last February matches for example where we had a few good ones. We had a good away win at Aston Villa yet I saw an opinion here that .... we missed Skuse.

It's gonna be the 5th season in a row where he is going to be an automatic choice week in week out and this is THE BIGGEST PROBLEM of this team. Replacing him with a tough, quality defensive midfielder who would be a nuisance for an opposition would be a big step forward, would be like new signing.

Skuse is always the barometer for people that have no clue about football. Some people will keep praising him and underlining 'the job he does for the team' no matter how he performs.
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:16 - Jul 25 with 5379 viewsLankHenners

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:54 - Jul 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

A relatively new theory among a number of our support is that 'if you criticise him then you can't see what he does for the team.

Take home game to Forest for example. He 'reads the game superbly' and DOES NOTHING to stop Mills heading towards Assombalonga that resulted in their second goal.
Or watch the manner of goals during the home 0-3 defeat to Derby. He ran around like an extra.
Lincoln away? If he is a 'Premieship class' like some say then he should stand out against non-league players. The fact is he was arguably the worst player on the pitch.
Barnsley away 1-1 last March. The game in which Diagouraga wasn't far from being red carded. Abject display and again Skuse was glaringly bad.

There have been some matches last season where I have noticed his contribution, Wolves away he was very lively. Norwich away or Burton away worth noticing too. But the bloke is painfully limited, has a very easy life and knows he won't be dropped at all. Automatic place in the team.
There is no fight in him when we need to chase an opponent. Just same old, same old.

And every time when you slate him some people tell you that 'you cannot see what he does for the team'. Sheer stupidity !

Every time he isn't in the team we seem to be better, quicker and more dynamic. Take last February matches for example where we had a few good ones. We had a good away win at Aston Villa yet I saw an opinion here that .... we missed Skuse.

It's gonna be the 5th season in a row where he is going to be an automatic choice week in week out and this is THE BIGGEST PROBLEM of this team. Replacing him with a tough, quality defensive midfielder who would be a nuisance for an opposition would be a big step forward, would be like new signing.

Skuse is always the barometer for people that have no clue about football. Some people will keep praising him and underlining 'the job he does for the team' no matter how he performs.

Yep, this was worth digging a 2 day old thread out for. Definitely adds something new to the debate in a calm, controlled, definitely-not-a-ranting-loon type way.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 14:41 - Jul 25 with 5333 viewsOsborneOneNil

I totally agree, Mach, bang on.

Oh, and you can add Bristol City away to the list of games where his performance left me completely bemused.
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 14:43 - Jul 25 with 5330 viewsOsborneOneNil

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 11:16 - Jul 25 by LankHenners

Yep, this was worth digging a 2 day old thread out for. Definitely adds something new to the debate in a calm, controlled, definitely-not-a-ranting-loon type way.

Yeah, but it is a good, valid rant. He does make note of the 'good' games Skuse had, not just the bad.

Good post.
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 14:58 - Jul 25 with 5318 viewsBenters

WTF ?

Barnsley 1.1 ?

Scenes Absolute Scenes ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 15:53 - Jul 25 with 5303 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 14:58 - Jul 25 by Benters

WTF ?

Barnsley 1.1 ?

Scenes Absolute Scenes ?

Yes this one.

Brogans was going berserk during the second half. Skuse and co. all lacked a desire and fight.
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 16:28 - Jul 25 with 5284 viewsLankHenners

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 14:43 - Jul 25 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah, but it is a good, valid rant. He does make note of the 'good' games Skuse had, not just the bad.

Good post.

Eh... kind of. Well not really. Well ok a little bit.

Falls into the trap of blaming the entire team's under-performance on one player, and says that every game without him we looked better, which simply isn't true. Overall, comes across totally obsessive and weird to bring up an old thread to berate a player.

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 16:32 - Jul 25 with 5278 viewsPJH

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 16:28 - Jul 25 by LankHenners

Falls into the trap of blaming the entire team's under-performance on one player, and says that every game without him we looked better, which simply isn't true. Overall, comes across totally obsessive and weird to bring up an old thread to berate a player.

I have been on holiday with no access to internet so missed seeing this thread 'live'.

Do you think a similar thread can be/will be started again soon so that I can join in?
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 16:37 - Jul 25 with 5268 viewsLankHenners

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 16:32 - Jul 25 by PJH

I have been on holiday with no access to internet so missed seeing this thread 'live'.

Do you think a similar thread can be/will be started again soon so that I can join in?

Sooner or later someone will come up with a reason to blame Skuse for something then fly off the handle, telling everyone exactly why one player is responsible for the downfall of the entire team.

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 16:49 - Jul 25 with 5250 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 10:33 - Jul 21 by OsborneOneNil

I wouldn't say he's the unanimous choice. Many of us see his limitations and how he holds us back, but some seem to be in love with him and think he should be the first name down.

Maybe because MM said he's Premiership class........which is just hilarious.

And then there's some like myself who think he's often under appreciated for the little things but also feel that he doesn't take control of a game well enough or dominate a midfield like someone that does his job should.

Solid last season. But no more than that.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 16:51 - Jul 25 with 5245 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 16:28 - Jul 25 by LankHenners

So because this is an 'old' thread (2 days) then cannot I voice my opinion? You seem to be really rattled with that. Report me to the admins then for replying in the 'old' thread because I didn't know that was permitted.

Bizarrely though you're heavily active in this one today. Make your mind up what your real issue us.

Anyway if my opinion about the player was same or similar to yours you obviously wouldn't have had a problem with bringing up this thread.
The unanimous boo boy of choice on 16:52 - Jul 25 with 5244 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 14:58 - Jul 25 by Benters

WTF ?

Barnsley 1.1 ?

Scenes Absolute Scenes ?

We were awful that day

As I said in my report.

The goal was still scenes though

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 16:55 - Jul 25 with 5239 viewsLankHenners

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 16:51 - Jul 25 by Mach_foreignBlue

So because this is an 'old' thread (2 days) then cannot I voice my opinion? You seem to be really rattled with that. Report me to the admins then for replying in the 'old' thread because I didn't know that was permitted.

Bizarrely though you're heavily active in this one today. Make your mind up what your real issue us.

Anyway if my opinion about the player was same or similar to yours you obviously wouldn't have had a problem with bringing up this thread.

Calm it, calm it, calm it - no need to get so jumpy all the time. Someone started a thread today (last night?) about Skuse, was curious as to why you felt the need to drag this one up. That's all.

As for the rest of your post, I really don't know what your point or problem is.

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 17:01 - Jul 25 with 5226 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The unanimous boo boy of choice on 16:55 - Jul 25 by LankHenners

Calm it, calm it, calm it - no need to get so jumpy all the time. Someone started a thread today (last night?) about Skuse, was curious as to why you felt the need to drag this one up. That's all.

As for the rest of your post, I really don't know what your point or problem is.

I'm calm don't worry. You seem to be really irritated and using some adjectives against me for bringing up the thread and 'berating' the player.

Your opinion about the player is different. Fine. You do rate him. I don't. End of.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024