Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing 09:22 - Jul 20 with 37751 viewsmonytowbray

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jul/17/uk-has-nearly-800-livestock-

As I've said previously, there is simply no way we can sustain our current level of animal product consumption in terms of both volume and competitive pricing.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 06:42 - Jul 21 with 6075 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 21:43 - Jul 20 by Dolly2.0

This is an open forum. That's one of the joys of it. I like Callis and I don't feel like he preaches to me. I'm a meat eater that likes blood visible in his steaks, so Callis is never going to change me. I respect his views though. I respect his different musical tastes as well, even though a lot of it sounds like violin bows being dragged over metal railings to me.

What's a vac bed? i'm intrigued.

What blood are you adding to your steak?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 06:42 - Jul 21 with 6075 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 21:51 - Jul 20 by tcblue

Fact of the day, that isn't blood in your steak

Doh, beat me to it 😒

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 06:53 - Jul 21 with 6063 viewsNo9

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 13:56 - Jul 20 by sparks

The answer is to eat seagulls and maybe pigeons. Free range. A real nuisance for many. And plentiful. And eating seagulls would help replenish fish stocks at sea.

Aren't 'sea gulls' a protected species?

Pigeon is very good food, the breast in articular, the rest can be cooked and reduced to may a pasta sauce. The only problem is what farmers spray on their land these days which may get into the pigeon meat.

I was awoken this morning at 04.00 by the farmer across the way spaying his fields - why at 04.00 unless he has something to hide?
Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 06:57 - Jul 21 with 6062 viewsNo9

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 21:51 - Jul 20 by tcblue

Fact of the day, that isn't blood in your steak

Depends where the steak comes from
Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 06:57 - Jul 21 with 6062 viewsMJallday

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 16:23 - Jul 20 by StirlingArcher

Technically, you've seen gulls kill and eat pigeons.
"There are many gull species, all commonly referred to as sea gulls"

just a small irk of mine ;)

As for growing crops, are you pro or anti GM crops?

I think they should GM crops like Velcro, to catch whatever is making the crop circles

Of course the UFO would needs the corresponding Velcro, so it's a bit of a long shot

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 06:58 - Jul 21 with 6061 viewsMJallday

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 06:53 - Jul 21 by No9

Aren't 'sea gulls' a protected species?

Pigeon is very good food, the breast in articular, the rest can be cooked and reduced to may a pasta sauce. The only problem is what farmers spray on their land these days which may get into the pigeon meat.

I was awoken this morning at 04.00 by the farmer across the way spaying his fields - why at 04.00 unless he has something to hide?

They are a massive nuisance. Gloucester has a particular issue with them for some reason

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 07:03 - Jul 21 with 6058 viewsNo9

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 06:58 - Jul 21 by MJallday

They are a massive nuisance. Gloucester has a particular issue with them for some reason

Sea gulls or pigeons?
Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 07:08 - Jul 21 with 6055 viewsMJallday

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 07:03 - Jul 21 by No9

Sea gulls or pigeons?

Both

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/gloucester-news/seagull-filmed-eating-

Login to get fewer ads

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 07:16 - Jul 21 with 6049 viewstcblue

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 06:57 - Jul 21 by No9

Depends where the steak comes from

No, the red stuff is callis' tears
Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 07:24 - Jul 21 with 6040 viewsNo9

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 07:16 - Jul 21 by tcblue

No, the red stuff is callis' tears

Sorry I thought you meant the steak hadn't been properly aged etc.
Silly me?
Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 08:21 - Jul 21 with 6012 viewsgordon

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 13:56 - Jul 20 by sparks

The answer is to eat seagulls and maybe pigeons. Free range. A real nuisance for many. And plentiful. And eating seagulls would help replenish fish stocks at sea.

There's no such bird as a seagull. In the UK as breeding species we have Herring Gull, Lesser Black Backed Gull, Greater Black-backed Gull, Common Gull, Black-headed Gull, Mediterranean Gull, Kittiwake and Common Gull. Little Gull has also bred and is a possible future coloniser.

The UK holds significant parts of the world population of some of these species, and the data on breeding numbers is not very reliable, but most of them (apart from Med Gull which is colonising) are likely to have undergone declines over last 20 years.

Gull populations would have effectively zero impact on fish stocks.

If we want less herring gulls in urban areas, the solution is better waste disposal, less littering etc.
Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 08:30 - Jul 21 with 6002 viewsMJallday

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 08:21 - Jul 21 by gordon

There's no such bird as a seagull. In the UK as breeding species we have Herring Gull, Lesser Black Backed Gull, Greater Black-backed Gull, Common Gull, Black-headed Gull, Mediterranean Gull, Kittiwake and Common Gull. Little Gull has also bred and is a possible future coloniser.

The UK holds significant parts of the world population of some of these species, and the data on breeding numbers is not very reliable, but most of them (apart from Med Gull which is colonising) are likely to have undergone declines over last 20 years.

Gull populations would have effectively zero impact on fish stocks.

If we want less herring gulls in urban areas, the solution is better waste disposal, less littering etc.

or anti aircraft missiles.

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 08:33 - Jul 21 with 5994 viewsGlasgowBlue

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 22:15 - Jul 20 by Dolly2.0

I've met him several times in real life and he's always convivial. So I think he does.

Being passionate about what you believe in doesn't equate to lack of respect for people who don't believe in the same thing.

I hope you know that although we disagree on some things (and you lied about me, which I tried hard to get you to admit to but to your credit you avoided like a true politician) I respect your views.

It may not always come across but I respect the views of everyone on here.

Well, not Benters, obvs.

He stated on here he doesn't respect views on eating meat.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 09:08 - Jul 21 with 5983 viewsmonytowbray

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 21:30 - Jul 20 by Lord_Lucan

What you choose to do in life is a personal thing. Have you ever considered keeping your opinions to yourself? Serious question.

I don't bombard you about the merits of vac beds do I.

You could apply that to so many discussions on here though.

I don't see what I've done wrong here.

TWTD never forgets…

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 09:11 - Jul 21 with 5979 viewsmonytowbray

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 08:33 - Jul 21 by GlasgowBlue

He stated on here he doesn't respect views on eating meat.

As we've gone over before though, why should I?

TWTD never forgets…

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 09:15 - Jul 21 with 5967 viewsLord_Lucan

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 09:11 - Jul 21 by monytowbray

I respect your view.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 09:23 - Jul 21 with 5965 viewsStokieBlue

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 09:11 - Jul 21 by monytowbray

I think this is the issue people are having..

People respect your decision and in a tolerant society you should respect theirs regardless on your personal beliefs.

There are countless things that people do that I disagree with but it's their choice and I respect that. It's sad you don't feel you can do the same.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 09:27 - Jul 21 with 5957 viewsGlasgowBlue

I'm simply pointing out your position to Dolly.

Iron Lion Zion

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 09:33 - Jul 21 with 5948 viewsmonytowbray

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 09:27 - Jul 21 by GlasgowBlue

I'm simply pointing out your position to Dolly.

It's a view I can't support as it involves ignoring suffering to living things.

That doesn't mean I'm going to beat him up, bully him or knock a burger out of his hand.

TWTD never forgets…

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 09:33 - Jul 21 with 5946 viewsGlasgowBlue

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 09:33 - Jul 21 by monytowbray

That doesn't mean I'm going to beat him up, bully him or knock a burger out of his hand.

I said you don't respect his view. No more no less.

Iron Lion Zion

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 11:36 - Jul 21 with 5910 viewsDolly2.0

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 09:33 - Jul 21 by monytowbray

You'd have to get a step ladder if you want to knock a burger out of my hand

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 11:43 - Jul 21 with 5890 viewsgiant_stow

Respect is two way innit blud - if you want respect for your views (and maybe you don't), then you at least need to show some degree of tolerance of others'.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 11:46 - Jul 21 with 5880 viewsJ2BLUE

If you want a really nice vegan snack packed with protein try Food Doctor roasted mixed beans. They are great.

One of my diet staples at the moment.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 12:17 - Jul 21 with 5853 viewsRyorry

I appreciate this thread is on intensive/factory farming, and I fully support you in your anti-views on that.

However, in past threads, you've failed to recognise, let alone appreciate, that many meat eaters are carefully selective in their buying, and will only choose from ethical sources such as wild, free-range or organically produced meat, which does not incorporate "suffering to living things"

Personally, I only eat meat a couple of times a week these days anyway.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 12:19]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 14:32 - Jul 21 with 5804 viewsJ2BLUE

Intensive farming in Britain - The problem is growing on 12:17 - Jul 21 by Ryorry

I appreciate this thread is on intensive/factory farming, and I fully support you in your anti-views on that.

However, in past threads, you've failed to recognise, let alone appreciate, that many meat eaters are carefully selective in their buying, and will only choose from ethical sources such as wild, free-range or organically produced meat, which does not incorporate "suffering to living things"

Personally, I only eat meat a couple of times a week these days anyway.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 12:19]

Not only that but Brunswick actually claimed that free range etc were marketing labels designed to ease the guilt of meat eaters and didn't actually mean anything. Tell those chickens in the newspaper story Callis linked to yesterday that free range is meaningless!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024