Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Martin McGuiness has passed then 06:25 - Mar 21 with 10099 viewsjeera

Ill health possibly paid a large part in his stepping down.

There'll be mixed feelings no doubt on his death.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2017 6:29]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:33 - Mar 21 with 4312 viewsBarneycurley

Glad he paid some respect to the peace process eventually

But prior i have the utmost contempt towards you

Evil Scum - youll be judged in the afterlife you believed in

RIH

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:34 - Mar 21 with 4289 viewsBenters

I certainly wont be crying over it .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:34 - Mar 21 with 4302 viewsnoggin

I'm staying out of this one.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:36 - Mar 21 with 4293 viewsGlasgowBlue

There is no doubt that as Chief of Staff of the IRA Army Council he was responsible for some of the worst terror atrocities carried out both in Northern Ireland and the UK mainland.

However, he spent the latter part of his life working for peace and reconciliation in Northern Ireland and it took a lot of courage to bring the hardline members of the IRA to the peace table at the risk of his own life.

You can't ignore what he did as a member of th IRA, but today it's probably best to remember the good he did rather than the bad.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:45 - Mar 21 with 4253 viewsWarkystache

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:36 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

There is no doubt that as Chief of Staff of the IRA Army Council he was responsible for some of the worst terror atrocities carried out both in Northern Ireland and the UK mainland.

However, he spent the latter part of his life working for peace and reconciliation in Northern Ireland and it took a lot of courage to bring the hardline members of the IRA to the peace table at the risk of his own life.

You can't ignore what he did as a member of th IRA, but today it's probably best to remember the good he did rather than the bad.

Definitely doesn't deserve the eulogies the Beeb Breakfast are paying him.

Might just as well all don balaclavas and shoot a few rounds in the air on the sofa.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:48 - Mar 21 with 4205 viewsBenters

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:45 - Mar 21 by Warkystache

Definitely doesn't deserve the eulogies the Beeb Breakfast are paying him.

Might just as well all don balaclavas and shoot a few rounds in the air on the sofa.

The Beeb love sh1t like this they hate the British nation .

Gentlybentley

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:51 - Mar 21 with 4210 viewsWarkystache

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:48 - Mar 21 by Benters

The Beeb love sh1t like this they hate the British nation .

I mean it's hardly the death of a Royal, is it? Sure, breaking news and we all move on, but no need for the eulogies and the live feed from NI.

Surprised there's no black armbands and Carol Kirkwood doing the weather crying...

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:53 - Mar 21 with 4188 viewstaximan

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:34 - Mar 21 by Benters

I certainly wont be crying over it .

murdering cnt
Login to get fewer ads

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:53 - Mar 21 with 4193 viewsoldbluestu

Party time
So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:54 - Mar 21 with 4168 viewsBenters

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:51 - Mar 21 by Warkystache

I mean it's hardly the death of a Royal, is it? Sure, breaking news and we all move on, but no need for the eulogies and the live feed from NI.

Surprised there's no black armbands and Carol Kirkwood doing the weather crying...

I was just watching it on Sky turned it off sick of it already .

Gentlybentley

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:14 - Mar 21 with 4116 viewsBluefish

I do not support him but the main difference between him and Mandela is that Mandela was put in prison before things got worse

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:15 - Mar 21 with 4100 viewsTaricco_Fan

He can burn in hell for eternity.

Those eulogising him need to hang their heads in shame.
So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:16 - Mar 21 with 4080 viewstaximan

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:14 - Mar 21 by Bluefish

I do not support him but the main difference between him and Mandela is that Mandela was put in prison before things got worse

both terrorists

or freedom fighters as the trendy like to call them

the world is a better place without the both of them

imo
So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:28 - Mar 21 with 4015 viewsBenters

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:16 - Mar 21 by taximan

both terrorists

imo

This .

Gentlybentley

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:33 - Mar 21 with 3991 viewsGlasgowBlue

both terrorists

imo

Would you accept that South Africa wasn't a FREE country for the vast majority of people who were born there?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:34 - Mar 21 with 3991 viewsSteve_M

Yes, both facets are important because if people can't move beyond historical grievances, whether real or imagined, then the whole sorry cycle continues. The genuine relationship that developed between McGuiness and Ian Paisley is, despite the myriad faults of both, a genuine reason for optimism in the world.

Unfortunately I don't give this thread an hour so I'm probably wasting my time typing this.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:37 - Mar 21 with 3969 viewsartsbossbeard

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:33 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

Would you accept that South Africa wasn't a FREE country for the vast majority of people who were born there?

Not worth engaging, GB.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:38 - Mar 21 with 3964 viewsjeera

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:33 - Mar 21 by GlasgowBlue

I doubt that anyone who denounces Mandela so readily knows the first thing about him, the ANC, the outlawing of political parties or the policies of the Apartheid government.

Nor the years of peaceful protests that followed.

Nor Sharpeville etc...

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:44 - Mar 21 with 3901 viewsimsureazzure

both terrorists

imo

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2008/aug/31/sportandleisure.politics

Read this book, go on read it, it will change your views.
So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:56 - Mar 21 with 3853 viewsBluefish

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:38 - Mar 21 by jeera

I doubt that anyone who denounces Mandela so readily knows the first thing about him, the ANC, the outlawing of political parties or the policies of the Apartheid government.

Nor the years of peaceful protests that followed.

Nor Sharpeville etc...

This appears to have opened a can of worms

Mandela admits in his own book that others were more responsible for the good work than him. He also admits that he was going to start more destruction against the wishes of those doing the most for peace and equality.

The result of his stance was enormous progress in S.A. and further afield for equality but there is a comparison with mcguiness. Neither of them sit pretty for me but Mandela made up for it. I don't think he should have been seen as such an amazing peace symbol as he was though. Both have too much blood on their hands

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 08:06 - Mar 21 with 3777 viewsParmigiano

The platform and influence over the IRA he had during the peace negotiations would not have existed had he not been a leader of hate, murder and delusion in the first place. Too little, too late.

Yes Mandela was a terrorist by definition but the context was entirely different.
So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 08:15 - Mar 21 with 3736 viewsMJallday

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 06:53 - Mar 21 by taximan

murdering cnt

its an interesting day when taximan makes me up arrrow him

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 08:29 - Mar 21 with 3697 viewsblueconscience

One less terrorist to worry about.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 08:32 - Mar 21 with 3680 viewsjeera

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 07:56 - Mar 21 by Bluefish

This appears to have opened a can of worms

Mandela admits in his own book that others were more responsible for the good work than him. He also admits that he was going to start more destruction against the wishes of those doing the most for peace and equality.

The result of his stance was enormous progress in S.A. and further afield for equality but there is a comparison with mcguiness. Neither of them sit pretty for me but Mandela made up for it. I don't think he should have been seen as such an amazing peace symbol as he was though. Both have too much blood on their hands

Entirely different people, characters, situations.

No can of worms at all.

There's no rational comparison to be made.

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 08:34 - Mar 21 with 3649 viewsBluefish

So Martin McGuiness has passed then on 08:32 - Mar 21 by jeera

Entirely different people, characters, situations.

No can of worms at all.

There's no rational comparison to be made.

They may not be the same but they are without question both terrorists so therefore they can be compared

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024