Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
pride.. 22:10 - Jan 18 with 1127 viewschripswich

I lost my respect for MM's footballing prowess some time ago but I always saw him as a proud man trying to do the right thing..

How he has not resigned today after last nights shameful performance is beyond me - and I have now lost my respect for him as a man.

Seems hes just like the rest of them, sitting tight till the money is handed over to go..

shame on him and shame on the Milne for that pathetic statment..

Better to have to have loved and lost than live with a flippin' psycho for the rest of your life!!
Blog: [Blog] Getting Keaner!

pride.. on 01:22 - Jan 19 with 1019 viewsGuthrum

Because he's a proud man trying to do the right thing (as he sees it) by turning this football club around again.

Do you think he (or any other high-level manager) would have got this far is he'd been prepared to commit employment suicide every time something went wrong?

How many English football managers have ever actually, genuinely resigned without either a job to go to or some personal scandal afflicting them?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

pride.. on 07:26 - Jan 19 with 957 viewsdalianwasexciting

pride.. on 01:22 - Jan 19 by Guthrum

Because he's a proud man trying to do the right thing (as he sees it) by turning this football club around again.

Do you think he (or any other high-level manager) would have got this far is he'd been prepared to commit employment suicide every time something went wrong?

How many English football managers have ever actually, genuinely resigned without either a job to go to or some personal scandal afflicting them?

For all of the tactical faults and perhaps selection faults, MM definitely has pride in what he does. However, I am not sure that the same can be said of the players, with that lack of pride is a lack of passion.

None of us know whether its a tactical lash up that stops them playing, or whether its a complete lack of willingness by the players to perform - of course the latter should result in people being dropped which appears to not happen so it does imply its tactical.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

pride.. on 07:29 - Jan 19 with 951 viewsPlums

pride.. on 01:22 - Jan 19 by Guthrum

I don't disagree with that but it is regularly implied that there's a queue of clubs waiting for Mick's services - he wouldn't be waiting for long 😉

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

pride.. on 07:39 - Jan 19 with 924 viewsBenters

Nice one

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024