Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Town change manager NOW? 13:05 - Jan 18 with 2488 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Should Town change manager NOW?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Should Town change manager NOW? on 13:08 - Jan 18 with 2434 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I get the feeling that people who vote No are the type of people who voted to remain in the EU. Afraid of change when the status quo can be changed to something so much better.

Should Town change manager NOW? on 13:31 - Jan 18 with 2360 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Currently 52% - 48%.

Sound familiar?

Should Town change manager NOW? on 16:41 - Jan 18 with 2254 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Still time to determine the future. Poll closes at 10pm. Looking like a landslide.

Should Town change manager NOW? on 16:59 - Jan 18 with 2216 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Should Town change manager NOW? on 13:31 - Jan 18 by The_Last_Baron

Currently 52% - 48%.

Sound familiar?

The whole situation just seem stale.

Agreed - injuries haven't helped this yr - and losing murphy without a replacement has got to be the biggest error!

how long would it take to get a new manager in? as the trf window is only 13 days - so if its going to happen it has to be now id assume so the new man can get some of his own blood in.

those teams who have swapped managers have had a recent rise in fortunes - but i feel we should be safe.
Should Town change manager NOW? on 17:08 - Jan 18 with 2181 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Should Town change manager NOW? on 16:59 - Jan 18 by BtreeBlueBlood

The whole situation just seem stale.

Agreed - injuries haven't helped this yr - and losing murphy without a replacement has got to be the biggest error!

how long would it take to get a new manager in? as the trf window is only 13 days - so if its going to happen it has to be now id assume so the new man can get some of his own blood in.

those teams who have swapped managers have had a recent rise in fortunes - but i feel we should be safe.

If we had a bold owner and a bold CEO we would make the change quickly. Get a new manager in and hand him significant transfer funds so he has time to sign one or two good players.

Instead what will happen is we will bring in some cheap signings or loan players, play terribly for the next few weeks until the crowd turns nasty to the degree that there is no option but for us to make a change. By which time we won't be able to spend money on anyone and we'll be on the fringes of the relegation battle.

Should Town change manager NOW? on 17:12 - Jan 18 with 2165 viewsRadlett_blue

Should Town change manager NOW? on 13:08 - Jan 18 by The_Last_Baron

I get the feeling that people who vote No are the type of people who voted to remain in the EU. Afraid of change when the status quo can be changed to something so much better.

I said "no" not because I think MM will turn things around, but because I see little point in replacing him right now with another championship die-hard. Too late to change the personnel much in the January window, when there are rarely bargains to be had. I doubt MM will take us down - we, rather like the Ancient Mariner, generally stoppeth one of three.
However, we should definitely fire Mick at the end of the season, unless there are signs of a genuine turnaround, involving playing younger players & at least trying to play decent football.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Should Town change manager NOW? on 17:16 - Jan 18 with 2150 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Should Town change manager NOW? on 17:12 - Jan 18 by Radlett_blue

I said "no" not because I think MM will turn things around, but because I see little point in replacing him right now with another championship die-hard. Too late to change the personnel much in the January window, when there are rarely bargains to be had. I doubt MM will take us down - we, rather like the Ancient Mariner, generally stoppeth one of three.
However, we should definitely fire Mick at the end of the season, unless there are signs of a genuine turnaround, involving playing younger players & at least trying to play decent football.

I don't think he will take us down but I would take a guess we will finish in the bottom eight. We have a ten point lead over Blackburn which even with our poor form should be enough.

If we get the right man in now he'll have time to assess the squad and instigate a process whereby we can begin to play an attacking style of passing football.

Keeping McCarthy on until May and then sacking him is a waste of four months. Plus he'll bring in more players this January which the new man may not want.

Should Town change manager NOW? on 17:28 - Jan 18 with 2127 viewsRadlett_blue

Should Town change manager NOW? on 17:16 - Jan 18 by The_Last_Baron

I don't think he will take us down but I would take a guess we will finish in the bottom eight. We have a ten point lead over Blackburn which even with our poor form should be enough.

If we get the right man in now he'll have time to assess the squad and instigate a process whereby we can begin to play an attacking style of passing football.

Keeping McCarthy on until May and then sacking him is a waste of four months. Plus he'll bring in more players this January which the new man may not want.

I can see the reasons for getting rid as MM is clearly not getting the best out of the squad & hasn't been doing so for nearly 2 years. However, identifying & attracting a better replacement is the problem. I doubt someone like Gary Rowett will do much better with our playing budget than Mick.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Should Town change manager NOW? on 21:30 - Jan 18 with 2000 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Have an hour left in this vote.

Parliament (Milne and Evans) however have the final say although at present Mick's in trouble.

Should Town change manager NOW? on 21:38 - Jan 18 with 1966 viewsRyorry

What a daft comment - as though the 2 are remotely analagous.

FWIW, I voted 'Remain' in the EU & 'yes' to this.

68.8% 'yes' now (64 votes), 31.2% 'no'

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Should Town change manager NOW? on 21:53 - Jan 18 with 1934 viewsWicklowBlue

I voted no because after 3 managers, I can see the same decline happening once again. Agreed we can argue the toss of the merits between the 3 for eons.

The whole club needs a shake up from top to bottom and that lies with ME and funding. Who else could we get with the budget we have?

I'd vote yes for an experienced manager proven to develop a progressive style of play with finances to build the squad. Without the financial backing Id take Mick everyday in a relegation scrap.

As others have posted I would keep Mick until mathematically safe and then ring the changes. Change it now and I fear we would be in Div1 with a less experienced manager and a smaller budget to build on.
Should Town change manager NOW? on 22:05 - Jan 18 with 1869 viewschripswich

don't know how many people voted but i'm surprised the no vote is as high as 30%..seems theres a few deluded people around.

Better to have to have loved and lost than live with a flippin' psycho for the rest of your life!!
Blog: [Blog] Getting Keaner!

Should Town change manager NOW? on 22:12 - Jan 18 with 1834 viewsArnieM

as much as I'd want a change.vi think it would be absolutely folly to kick Mick out now. for the sake of 12 weeks , hang on. We won't make play offs. Bur we might make relegation if thd change in regime upset the stability at the club. Football isn't pretty but we are unlikely to go down under NM.

Rebuild in summer.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Should Town change manager NOW? on 22:21 - Jan 18 with 1801 viewsWicklowBlue

Should Town change manager NOW? on 22:05 - Jan 18 by chripswich

don't know how many people voted but i'm surprised the no vote is as high as 30%..seems theres a few deluded people around.

Feel free to take me to task over my reasoning.
Should Town change manager NOW? on 23:41 - Jan 18 with 1700 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Should Town change manager NOW? on 21:38 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

What a daft comment - as though the 2 are remotely analagous.

FWIW, I voted 'Remain' in the EU & 'yes' to this.

68.8% 'yes' now (64 votes), 31.2% 'no'

Good man, I don't think there will be any change of manager at Town yet though. I believe at 80% of Championship clubs he'd be gone now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024