Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I go back to what Ashton said on Life's A Pitch.... 20:01 - May 18 with 902 viewsThe_Major

... With regards to the new training ground.

Something along the lines of that he and McKenna had been studying the blueprints with a jewellers eyepiece, and McKenna had made amendments so he could get the things he wanted.

You wouldn't do that unless you expected to be here for the long term.

I still say the only other team he'd go to is Man Utd, but I can't see that happening for a good few years yet.

We'll still have super Kieran McKenna, never fear. And I suspect he'll know exactly what we need.
I go back to what Ashton said on Life's A Pitch.... on 20:05 - May 18 with 838 viewsMillsTash

Very well put absolutely agree with you.

United will be where he goes….when the time and state of the club is correct. Lucky for us it’s a shambles.
Some of you lot.... on 20:07 - May 18 with 825 viewsBloots

....and this isn't directed only at you, need to realise that KM is not an Ipswich supporter!!

To say that the only other club he'd go to is Man Utd is just silly really.

On the specific point you make, how do you not know that the Brighton training facilities aren't exactly what KM wants?

He's a man doing a job, if he thinks that a better job is available he'll take it. Just like anyone in any profession would.

Just to be clear, he isn't an ITFC supporter. He's a football manager, that just happens to currently work for the team you support.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

I go back to what Ashton said on Life's A Pitch.... on 20:08 - May 18 with 787 viewswrightsrightglove

Playing devils advocate, he’s not going to say to Ashton ‘I don’t want to look at the plans because I’ll probably be off in the summer’ is he?

For what it’s worth I don’t think he’ll go and hopefully we’ll bump his contract up and increase the buy out clause but Brighton will be tempting for him, effectively where we want to be in 2-4 years time
Some of you lot.... on 20:10 - May 18 with 756 viewsSitfcB

Some of you lot.... on 20:07 - May 18 by Bloots

....and this isn't directed only at you, need to realise that KM is not an Ipswich supporter!!

On the specific point you make, how do you not know that the Brighton training facilities aren't exactly what KM wants?

He's a man doing a job, if he thinks that a better job is available he'll take it. Just like anyone in any profession would.

Just to be clear, he isn't an ITFC supporter. He's a football manager, that just happens to currently work for the team you support.

Yeah but he’s ours

Don’t want anyone else to have him

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Some of you lot.... on 20:11 - May 18 with 743 viewsMK1

Some of you lot.... on 20:07 - May 18 by Bloots

I agree. He is a Man Utd supporter who wants to manage them one day. He may need a stepping stone. I think he can get there from here, but he may see it another way.
I go back to what Ashton said on Life's A Pitch.... on 20:11 - May 18 with 739 viewsLankHenners

Or he did it because it's the professional thing to do while you're being employed by a club, and from the club's perspective it helped to be able to pick the brains of someone with first hand experience of Prem-level infrastructure.

Sure McKenna himself has said he'll manage the club as if he's going to be here forever as it's the right thing to do, as it would be at whatever club he's at next.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024