Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashton Interview 10:02 - May 16 with 6079 viewsPaul

https://www.itfc.co.uk/videos/8e864569-3028-4898-a567-6324835c158d
Ashton Interview on 16:00 - May 16 with 646 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ashton Interview on 14:03 - May 16 by itfcjoe

He's doing a fantastic job, and I'm delighted he is our CEO and hope is for a long time - he's been the perfect appointment for what we need and his being 'relentless' was so required here.

But to listen to it at times gets me away from what I enjoy with football, it's a reminder of why I left the corporate world - but that's not to say it isn't right in that environment and it's clearly working with the staff from top to bottom of the club

I left the Corporate world too, which is maybe why it grates on me.

Although its very possible to by a highly driven, motivated and successful CEO without the use of such corporate jargon.

.....but, if it works for him, then fair enough.

I genuinely think people in the corporate world are a bit institutionalised and don't realise they are doing it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ashton Interview on 16:03 - May 16 with 624 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ashton Interview on 15:27 - May 16 by Vic

I’m not the biggest fan of MA’s corporate speak, but have reluctantly come to accept that it’s just part of what he is and not some sort of put on cover act.

The guy seems genuinely sincere and committed to what’s going on here. I doubt he was ever as effusive about the Brizzle fan base. The whole set up here - owners, manager, CEO seems so unified I think we just have to continue to enjoy the ride.

I actually found the room becoming a bit dusty again watching that. So proud of our club at he moment. Long may it continue.

Oh god, I've just seen the tattoo.

That's even more David Brent!! Ha.

Fair play for keeping a promise I guess.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ashton Interview on 16:07 - May 16 with 593 viewsSheffordBlue

Ashton Interview on 16:03 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Can't wait until someone from the Bristol City forum sees that. I reckon it's got to be worth at least another 10 pages on their 94 page - The Office:Ipswich Town thread

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Ashton Interview on 16:11 - May 16 with 584 viewstonybied

Ashton Interview on 16:03 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair to him, what were you expecting from the tattoo? I can't say I was expecting him to get a coloured ITFC badge on his chest or a picture of Kierans face on his arse. It's a fairly subdued tattoo in a rather innocuous place, which is kinda what I'd expect a rather well kept CEO to have done if he was having a tattoo!
Ashton Interview on 16:11 - May 16 with 580 viewsrodney76

Ashton Interview on 11:08 - May 16 by smithy69

So not clear at all lol

I’m gonna put it out there. Manchester United will not hire a manager that has never managed a single game in the top flight. Fact

Ten Hag, OGS, Fergie
Ashton Interview on 16:18 - May 16 with 558 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ashton Interview on 16:11 - May 16 by tonybied

To be fair to him, what were you expecting from the tattoo? I can't say I was expecting him to get a coloured ITFC badge on his chest or a picture of Kierans face on his arse. It's a fairly subdued tattoo in a rather innocuous place, which is kinda what I'd expect a rather well kept CEO to have done if he was having a tattoo!

I wasn't aware he'd made the promise.

The tattoo is OK, the placing is a bit cringe, but thats where he said he would have it.

Will be covered by his watch most of the time.

I have nothing against tattoos, its not a rebellious thing to do anymore. I just thought it was a bit David Brent.

Ashton Interview on 16:27 - May 16 with 530 viewsPhilTWTD

Ashton Interview on 16:07 - May 16 by SheffordBlue

Can't wait until someone from the Bristol City forum sees that. I reckon it's got to be worth at least another 10 pages on their 94 page - The Office:Ipswich Town thread

Got this in response to our story on Twitter.
Ashton Interview on 16:28 - May 16 with 519 viewssmithy69

Ashton Interview on 16:11 - May 16 by rodney76

Ten Hag, OGS, Fergie

Ten hag - top flight in Holland and managed in champions league. Didn’t he do this for 5/6 years at Ajax
OGS - top flight in Norway and European football
Ferguson - top flight in Scotland and Scotland manager- and European football winner

I didn’t say English top flight (should have made that clearer). They have never given a Manager with no top flight experience a job - and every full time manager has had European experience pretty Much

Just can’t see it
Login to get fewer ads

Ashton Interview on 16:41 - May 16 with 483 viewsArmaghBlue

Ashton Interview on 16:27 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

Got to love bitterness!!
Ashton Interview on 17:37 - May 16 with 388 viewsblueasfook

Ashton Interview on 16:27 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

Ooh salty

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Ashton Interview on 17:49 - May 16 with 354 viewspatrickswell

For me, corporate speak grates if it’s not backed up by action. Ashton certainly can’t be accused of only talking the talk in his time here.

Edit - Just further to my earlier comment, having just watched the first part of the interview, I thought it was excellent. Well structured by Andy Warren and plenty of insight and information from Ashton.
[Post edited 16 May 18:06]
Ashton Interview on 19:02 - May 16 with 262 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Ashton Interview on 14:03 - May 16 by itfcjoe

He's doing a fantastic job, and I'm delighted he is our CEO and hope is for a long time - he's been the perfect appointment for what we need and his being 'relentless' was so required here.

But to listen to it at times gets me away from what I enjoy with football, it's a reminder of why I left the corporate world - but that's not to say it isn't right in that environment and it's clearly working with the staff from top to bottom of the club

He can talk in Klingon for all I care, when he's doing a fantastic job.

I think with a lot of corporate speak the problem is people talking for ages and saying nothing. At least with Ashton's you know what he's talking about and it actually means something (even if it's a bit cliched).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Ashton Interview on 19:29 - May 16 with 214 viewsmonty_radio

Ashton Interview on 11:53 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Each to their own, I just dislike the corporate delivery.

I get my insight from player and manager interviews.

He has every right to believe in corporate jargon, as I have every right to not listen to it.

I think he's done a great job, and hope he continues to do so.

It's a bit of a safety net that guards against wandering off-piste and later being pulled up over a possible implication that was unintended. Meanwhile, it gives the brain a bit more time to figure out how you want to respond while the tongue can continue to function and say nothing of any actual significance.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024