Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
P16. Won 11 Drawn 3 Lost 2 22:08 - May 5 with 1176 viewsIllinoisblue

Excellent form from Millwall away onwards, and yet the end of this season was so stressful. An absolute belter of a season, and just like last season we had to do it the hard way other fkers getting record points. COYB

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

P16. Won 11 Drawn 3 Lost 2 on 22:35 - May 5 with 1064 viewsChurchman

That is some record. It didn’t feel like that at the time due to the other three winning most weeks too, until the last month or so.

The run-in really is where the prizes are won. Looking back, even under Bobby Robson our great team(s) would usually run out of gas towards the end of the season - number of players, injuries etc.

Just how well did McKenna use his squad? It was a phenomenal job. He really made all these players one team. People who looked a little unsure at first, like Tuanzebe, became totally integrated into the group. Just watch his reaction at the end. Everyone played a part and were valued and made to feel valued for doing so.

It stems from the top of the club and the clear standards they set. In one way, I’m staggered how well we’ve done. But then when I think about it, maybe not.
P16. Won 11 Drawn 3 Lost 2 on 22:45 - May 5 with 1023 viewsDarkBrandon

P16. Won 11 Drawn 3 Lost 2 on 22:35 - May 5 by Churchman

That is some record. It didn’t feel like that at the time due to the other three winning most weeks too, until the last month or so.

The run-in really is where the prizes are won. Looking back, even under Bobby Robson our great team(s) would usually run out of gas towards the end of the season - number of players, injuries etc.

Just how well did McKenna use his squad? It was a phenomenal job. He really made all these players one team. People who looked a little unsure at first, like Tuanzebe, became totally integrated into the group. Just watch his reaction at the end. Everyone played a part and were valued and made to feel valued for doing so.

It stems from the top of the club and the clear standards they set. In one way, I’m staggered how well we’ve done. But then when I think about it, maybe not.

One factor is Hutchinson’s coming of age at the end of the season. Not just that he was pretty sensational. I hadn’t realised until I checked earlier that he started all of our last 10 matches. And he played the full 90 in a few of those.

But the fact he was only a sub for so long early in the season meant he was fresh, and had plenty of miles left in his legs. All worked out beautifully

(Edit: last 9 games, not 10)
[Post edited 5 May 22:46]
P16. Won 11 Drawn 3 Lost 2 on 23:42 - May 5 with 881 viewscharlie1

I did a ‘Date Range’ search yesterday from 11th Feb 2024 (after the West Brom draw) to the end of the season, so would probably be the same as the period you’re talking about.

Was very pleasantly surprised at the result. Certainly didn’t feel that dominant at the time!
[Post edited 5 May 23:46]
P16. Won 11 Drawn 3 Lost 2 on 00:20 - May 6 with 811 viewsIllinoisblue

P16. Won 11 Drawn 3 Lost 2 on 22:45 - May 5 by DarkBrandon

One factor is Hutchinson’s coming of age at the end of the season. Not just that he was pretty sensational. I hadn’t realised until I checked earlier that he started all of our last 10 matches. And he played the full 90 in a few of those.

But the fact he was only a sub for so long early in the season meant he was fresh, and had plenty of miles left in his legs. All worked out beautifully

Omari just got better and better. Little spark from Ali here and there. Jeremy bringing the magic. Big Keith plenty of goals. I know Ali is ours but we played the loan market perfectly

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

P16. Won 11 Drawn 3 Lost 2 on 07:52 - May 6 with 513 viewsSteve_M

P16. Won 11 Drawn 3 Lost 2 on 22:45 - May 5 by DarkBrandon

I was thinking yesterday that there’s a certain similarity between OH this season and Reuser in 2000-01, not in the profile or age but the way a rich run of form has added an extra dimension to see the season out well.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

P16. Won 11 Drawn 3 Lost 2 on 08:51 - May 6 with 405 viewsibbleobble

Interesting to see the patterns that have emerged over the last two seasons: start strong, dip a little over December and Jan and go on strong runs from Feb onwards. We’ll be just fine next season if history repeats itself.
P16. Won 11 Drawn 3 Lost 2 on 09:10 - May 6 with 352 viewsGlasgowBlue

P16. Won 11 Drawn 3 Lost 2 on 23:42 - May 5 by charlie1

I did a ‘Date Range’ search yesterday from 11th Feb 2024 (after the West Brom draw) to the end of the season, so would probably be the same as the period you’re talking about.

Was very pleasantly surprised at the result. Certainly didn’t feel that dominant at the time!
[Post edited 5 May 23:46]

Hopefully no Norwich to play next season. Two dips after playing them.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024