Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Consecutive 10:06 - May 5 with 724 viewsflykickingbybgunn

I read that we are the 10th club to have consecutive promotions from the third tier to the first..

But we remain the only team that has won the second tier and then the first a year later.

Thanks Alf.

COYB
Consecutive on 11:22 - May 5 with 628 viewsbluefunk

I think you’ll find Forest won the league in 1978, a year after promotion from the second tier, although we remain the only side to become Champions in their first ever top flight season (except for the inaugural season obviously).
Consecutive on 11:29 - May 5 with 610 viewsClareBlue

What about with a manager in their first senior job. Not sure that has been done before.
Consecutive on 18:33 - May 5 with 503 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Consecutive on 11:29 - May 5 by ClareBlue

What about with a manager in their first senior job. Not sure that has been done before.

Alf.
Consecutive on 18:38 - May 5 with 489 viewsMK1

It has happened since. Sorry.
Consecutive on 20:24 - May 5 with 401 viewsPhilTWTD

Consecutive on 11:22 - May 5 by bluefunk

I think you’ll find Forest won the league in 1978, a year after promotion from the second tier, although we remain the only side to become Champions in their first ever top flight season (except for the inaugural season obviously).

They didn't win the Second Division title, they were third, so we're the only side to win the Second and then First, as was, in successive years.
Consecutive on 20:26 - May 5 with 379 viewsMK1

Consecutive on 20:24 - May 5 by PhilTWTD

They didn't win the Second Division title, they were third, so we're the only side to win the Second and then First, as was, in successive years.

Wow. Always thought they won the second division.
Consecutive on 21:09 - May 5 with 311 viewsfranz_tyson

Is there any other club who has supplied two England managers? ie straight from club to country. And knighted ones at that?
Consecutive on 21:11 - May 5 with 305 viewsMiaow

Consecutive on 20:24 - May 5 by PhilTWTD

Everton (1930–32) and Spurs (1949–51) both did it before us but they’d played in the First Division previously.

I’m not sure if our achievement will ever be matched.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024