Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world 19:04 - Oct 29 with 77215 viewsGlasgowBlue

As per Dan's idea, this is the one thread for posting anti semitism awareness in the aftermath of the 7/11 pogrom.

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world

[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 13:26]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 16:22 - Dec 29 with 2803 viewsleitrimblue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 19:00 - Dec 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

I thought this was really poor.

I bumped into Fry when he went missing/had a breakdown/was on a drug bender during the mid 90,s. Doubt he remembers
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world (n/t) on 17:18 - Dec 29 with 2723 viewsBlueschev

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world (n/t) on 15:40 - Dec 29 by GlasgowBlue

Well said. It's very easy for Banksy and other to minimise the feelings of Jewish people from their position of white privilege. It is fcuking scary for Jews around the world at the moment. I and others have linked several examples of why this is the case.

Here's another one.

Obviously the young Jewish girls who have to walk past this near the entrance to thir school should just suck it up.

As I've said before, I have no idea why he has spent nearly a decade on here dismissing and minimising antisemitism when it has been highlighted. There isn't a thread on this subject that he hasn't jumped on. He obviously has his reasons.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 15:49]

I certainly don't agree with everything Bankster says, and I think the framing of some of his arguments on this subject are way off. But do you honestly believe that he would be anything other than disgusted with that image? I just don't see it.

And I still for the life of me do not understand how somebody who spends so much of their time calling out antisemitism does so by repeatedly sharing links to Twitter.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 17:19 - Dec 29 with 2716 viewsBlueschev

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 16:22 - Dec 29 by leitrimblue

I bumped into Fry when he went missing/had a breakdown/was on a drug bender during the mid 90,s. Doubt he remembers

I remember when he was just a smooth talking bar steward.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 18:17 - Dec 29 with 2647 viewseireblue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 11:02 - Dec 29 by GlasgowBlue

For most other minorities talking about bigotry they’ve experienced, if someone not from that minority began lecturing them about how *they’ve* hardly ever seen such bigotry, we’d usually assume said person was far-right.

You make a very good point though. Jews make up just 0.5% of the England and Wales population, but even before the events of 7/10 Antisemitic hate crimes accounted for 23 per cent of all religious hate crimes in the UK.

What I don’t understand is why somebody would spend so much of their time on here trying to minimise hate crimes against a certain minority community? And why just this minority community?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2023 11:15]

I wonder when Bankster was last attacked in the street, because of his ethnicity.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 18:47 - Dec 29 with 2598 viewsJ2BLUE

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 16:16 - Dec 29 by leitrimblue

Spot on. The historical comparison between the UK and 1930,s Germany is pretty ludicrous and not helpful in any way.
As for the undertone that if you don't agree with every word of the thread then your in someway antisemitic thats pretty vile

I think it was a fair comment. Antisemitism didn't just go from 0 to 100 in Germany overnight. The things we are seeing now are similar to the very early days in Germany. People always ask how people could stand back and do nothing. Instead of worrying about technicalities and cherry picked data surely we should be trying to stamp it out before it becomes a bigger problem?

When I did my history degree I was obsessed with the Holocaust and the Nazis. I could never get my head around how it could have happened so recently. So many historical horrors seem distant but that one was so recent. When I worked for Travelex and had to ask people for photo ID it used blow my mind when their DOB was in the 1930s and they were alive while it was happening. The liberation of Auschwitz was just 79 years ago. My nan is 85. I will never be able to get my head around it. I never thought we would see a spike in Antisemitism again after that. It's extremely worrying. If one is too many incidents when why are we arguing about the numbers?

Although I do think there is context to the Israeli response as I said in a previous post I have no issue condemning the treatment of the Palestinian people which comes from the top of the Israeli government. It's not an either or. Defending the Jews doesn't mean we find the horror the Palestinian people are going through any less sickening.

I still stand by my point about how easily the world turns on the Jews which I know Bankster takes issue with but we are seeing a spike in Antisemitism all around the world. When Jewish people do not feel safe it is not for the likes of Bankster to say it's a low number of cases. Jewish people are saying they feel more at risk than any time since WW2. What more needs to be said?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world (n/t) on 08:15 - Dec 30 with 2488 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world (n/t) on 17:18 - Dec 29 by Blueschev

I certainly don't agree with everything Bankster says, and I think the framing of some of his arguments on this subject are way off. But do you honestly believe that he would be anything other than disgusted with that image? I just don't see it.

And I still for the life of me do not understand how somebody who spends so much of their time calling out antisemitism does so by repeatedly sharing links to Twitter.

I think I’ve answered your question regarding twitter/x before. Since Musk shared his antisemitic trope I haven’t made a single original tweet. But I make no apology for highlighting online Jew hate that is so prevalent on the platform, some of which is then passed on to the CAA.

The alternative is to bury one’s head in the sand, pretend it isn’t happening and allow it to be one normalised.

I do find it odd, however, that so many people on here constantly look for reasons why I should justify highlighting racism. You wouldn’t find that with any other forms of racism.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 8:17]

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:59 - Dec 30 with 2446 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 18:47 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

I think it was a fair comment. Antisemitism didn't just go from 0 to 100 in Germany overnight. The things we are seeing now are similar to the very early days in Germany. People always ask how people could stand back and do nothing. Instead of worrying about technicalities and cherry picked data surely we should be trying to stamp it out before it becomes a bigger problem?

When I did my history degree I was obsessed with the Holocaust and the Nazis. I could never get my head around how it could have happened so recently. So many historical horrors seem distant but that one was so recent. When I worked for Travelex and had to ask people for photo ID it used blow my mind when their DOB was in the 1930s and they were alive while it was happening. The liberation of Auschwitz was just 79 years ago. My nan is 85. I will never be able to get my head around it. I never thought we would see a spike in Antisemitism again after that. It's extremely worrying. If one is too many incidents when why are we arguing about the numbers?

Although I do think there is context to the Israeli response as I said in a previous post I have no issue condemning the treatment of the Palestinian people which comes from the top of the Israeli government. It's not an either or. Defending the Jews doesn't mean we find the horror the Palestinian people are going through any less sickening.

I still stand by my point about how easily the world turns on the Jews which I know Bankster takes issue with but we are seeing a spike in Antisemitism all around the world. When Jewish people do not feel safe it is not for the likes of Bankster to say it's a low number of cases. Jewish people are saying they feel more at risk than any time since WW2. What more needs to be said?

That's a pretty decent post J2 and I will repeat, as I have on numerous occasions, that one case of genuine racism whoever it is aimed at is one too many. However, if pretty much anybody else had added the link I did yesterday they would not have received the personal attacks that I did.
On a wider point though it is fair to say that I do take issue with the absolutist/extreme way in which GB choses to frame this particular form of racism and I think it is counter productive. We have had years of talk of "existential threat" and now "the World being fcuking scary for (all) Jews".....I don't remember any other forms of racism being framed this way.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 19:32 - Jan 18 with 2173 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:59 - Dec 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

That's a pretty decent post J2 and I will repeat, as I have on numerous occasions, that one case of genuine racism whoever it is aimed at is one too many. However, if pretty much anybody else had added the link I did yesterday they would not have received the personal attacks that I did.
On a wider point though it is fair to say that I do take issue with the absolutist/extreme way in which GB choses to frame this particular form of racism and I think it is counter productive. We have had years of talk of "existential threat" and now "the World being fcuking scary for (all) Jews".....I don't remember any other forms of racism being framed this way.

Absolutely everything referenced in this article is appalling and should not be read if you are of a sensitive disposition. There is of course no excusing the individuals who carried these actions out or the climate that has allowed such hatred to grow....what a mess the World is.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/18/evidence-points-to-systematic-use-

How to end the cycle of hatred and violence?

Login to get fewer ads

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world (n/t) on 19:36 - Jan 18 with 2157 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world (n/t) on 08:15 - Dec 30 by GlasgowBlue

I think I’ve answered your question regarding twitter/x before. Since Musk shared his antisemitic trope I haven’t made a single original tweet. But I make no apology for highlighting online Jew hate that is so prevalent on the platform, some of which is then passed on to the CAA.

The alternative is to bury one’s head in the sand, pretend it isn’t happening and allow it to be one normalised.

I do find it odd, however, that so many people on here constantly look for reasons why I should justify highlighting racism. You wouldn’t find that with any other forms of racism.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 8:17]

"people ... look for reasons why I should justify highlighting racism. You wouldn’t find that with any other forms of racism."

Certainly not with anything like taking the knee, I am sure no one would.

Not that anyone is right in either case (if that is what they are doing).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world (n/t) on 19:40 - Jan 18 with 2136 viewslowhouseblue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world (n/t) on 19:36 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

"people ... look for reasons why I should justify highlighting racism. You wouldn’t find that with any other forms of racism."

Certainly not with anything like taking the knee, I am sure no one would.

Not that anyone is right in either case (if that is what they are doing).

i do think a gotcha like that needs to be a bit snappier. best part of three weeks and it's hardly kapow. but good that you've been giving it thought though.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world (n/t) on 19:42 - Jan 18 with 2121 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world (n/t) on 19:40 - Jan 18 by lowhouseblue

i do think a gotcha like that needs to be a bit snappier. best part of three weeks and it's hardly kapow. but good that you've been giving it thought though.

Maybe I didn't read it 3 weeks ago but did when the thread just got bumped don't you think?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 19:44 - Jan 18 with 2114 viewsDJR

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 19:32 - Jan 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

Absolutely everything referenced in this article is appalling and should not be read if you are of a sensitive disposition. There is of course no excusing the individuals who carried these actions out or the climate that has allowed such hatred to grow....what a mess the World is.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/18/evidence-points-to-systematic-use-

How to end the cycle of hatred and violence?

From Burns' poem, Man Was Made To Mourn.

Many and sharp the num'rous ills
Inwoven with our frame!
More pointed still we make ourselves,
Regret, remorse, and shame!
And man, whose heav'n-erected face
The smiles of love adorn, -
Man's inhumanity to man
Makes countless thousands mourn!
[Post edited 18 Jan 19:44]
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:22 - Jan 22 with 1886 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:36 - Jan 22 with 1851 viewsDJR

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:22 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

And let's not forget Holocaust Memorial Day is fast approaching on 27 January.

In this connection, here is a call everyone should heed.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/jan/21/britons-urged-use-holocaust-mem
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 14:02 - Jan 23 with 1699 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68016330.amp

Iran not content with de-stabilising the Middle East, are also spreading hate in the UK.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 15:12 - Jan 23 with 1660 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 14:02 - Jan 23 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Iran not content with de-stabilising the Middle East, are also spreading hate in the UK.

Some footage from the programe.

The JC ran an article on this last August which went unnoticed.

https://www.thejc.com/lets-talk/its-time-to-tackle-the-extremists-fuelling-hate-
[Post edited 23 Jan 15:20]

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 15:26 - Jan 23 with 1625 viewsBlueschev

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 14:02 - Jan 23 by SuperKieranMcKenna

How on earth are such vile organisations granted charitable status?
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:31 - Jan 24 with 1492 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 08:22 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

Video of the victims testimony.

Chilling that this can happen to Jewish people on the streets of London in 2024.
[Post edited 24 Jan 8:37]

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:15 - Feb 2 with 1266 viewsGlasgowBlue

The normalisation of antisemitism in society simply beggars belief.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/bbc-antisemitism-scheduler-facebook-posts-123581085

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:36 - Feb 2 with 1221 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:15 - Feb 2 by GlasgowBlue

https://deadline.com/2024/02/bbc-antisemitism-scheduler-facebook-posts-123581085

In what way do the Facebook comments of 'Dawn Queva, a Senior Scheduling Co-ordinator & Playout Planner at BBC Three' represent a "normalisation of antisemitism in society?"
Should we take it that you now regard the BBC, like the UN, as a "cesspit?"

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:46 - Feb 2 with 1191 viewsGlasgowBlue

Our capital city

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:55 - Feb 2 with 1163 viewsBlueschev

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:46 - Feb 2 by GlasgowBlue

Our capital city

To me, your last two posts highlight how antisemitism is not tolerated in British society, which is a positive. I wish that it didn't exist at all, but at least it isn't institutional.
It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:58 - Feb 2 with 1150 viewsStokieBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:15 - Feb 2 by GlasgowBlue

Those are horrible posts by her but surely the fact that she is being challenged and disciplined shows the opposite to the normalisation of these types of views?

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 11:12 - Feb 2 with 1107 viewsGlasgowBlue

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 10:58 - Feb 2 by StokieBlue

Those are horrible posts by her but surely the fact that she is being challenged and disciplined shows the opposite to the normalisation of these types of views?

SB

Thi isn't some uneducated far right nazi sitting in a bedsit spreading Jew hate. It's a senior employee of the BBC and she felt comfortable expressing these views.

Antisemitism is rife in British* universities.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/16/antisemitism-uk-universiti

Antisemitism seems to have taken grip of the educated classes which is a real concern for the future.

Every day you can find thousands of examples of antisemitic tropes being pushed on social media. People tend to say "well it's just social media". However, mot young people use social media in a way my generation doesn't. Hence we have worrying polls like this one.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/poll-finds-frightening-rates-of-antisemitism-among

Not just British. The absolute horror stories coming out of US universities.

Iron Lion Zion

It's getting fcuking scary for Jews around the world on 11:15 - Feb 2 with 1097 viewsDJR

She should be prosecuted.

There may be other race hate offences that she is guilty of, but the following springs to mind.

Section 19(1) of the Public Order Act 1986

"A person who publishes or distributes written material which is threatening, abusive or insulting is guilty of an offence if—
(a) [she] intends thereby to stir up racial hatred, or
(b) having regard to all the circumstances racial hatred is likely to be stirred up thereby."

Section 27(3) sets out the punishment.

"A person guilty of an offence under this Part is liable—
(a) on conviction on indictment to imprisonment for a term not exceeding seven years or a fine or both;
(b)on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or both."

EDIT: there is a corresponding offence for religious hatred, which would apply in relation Jewish people because they are both a race and a religion.
[Post edited 2 Feb 11:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024